Cold?
IGNORED

Spring 2023 - Moans, Ramps & Chat

reef

Posted
15 minutes ago, SummerShower said:

Yes, jeans and t shirt weather here, almost unbroken sun for the last hour

Hmm not sure about that lol.

Lighter jacket and t shirt weather or just wearing a sweater and a t shirt underneath type weather.

I won’t wear a t shirt until we’ve had a few 19-20c days. That might be at least another couple of weeks away.

Plus, if it turns cold again I don’t want to get into that false sense the warmer weather is here to stay just yet.

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heat, sun and thunderstorms in summer. Cold sunny days and snow in winter
28 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Hmm not sure about that lol.

Lighter jacket and t shirt weather or just wearing a sweater and a t shirt underneath type weather.

I won’t wear a t shirt until we’ve had a few 19-20c days. That might be at least another couple of weeks away.

Plus, if it turns cold again I don’t want to get into that false sense the warmer weather is here to stay just yet.

I am still wearing my winter coat, but with just a t-shirt underneath instead of a jumper. I don't usually switch to a jacket and t-shirt until it reaches about 15°C.

Edited by Weather Enthusiast91
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winter, warm/hot summer with the odd storm thrown in

Still just about wearing a winter coat here as the breeze isn’t the warmest but when out of the breeze it does feel a bit warm with it if the suns out. 

• Like 2

Posted
37 minutes ago, Weather Enthusiast91 said:

I am still wearing my winter coat, but with just a t-shirt underneath instead of a jumper. I don't usually switch to a jacket and t-shirt until it reaches about 15°C.

I was still wearing the winter jacket, jumper or fleece and t shirt combo, and I only felt warm walking round towards the end of this week for the first time since November.

I will most probably stick with it or maybe use the winter jacket and t shirt combo until we reach 16-17c, then it’s either wear a t shirt and fleece or light jacket and t shirt combo until 20-21c. By then I’ll switch to shirt and jeans.

22c is the area I start considering shorts but it needs to be a calm day and no wind. Otherwise it’s 24-25c before I’m fully committed to even wearing shorts. 

26 minutes ago, matt111 said:

Still just about wearing a winter coat here as the breeze isn’t the warmest but when out of the breeze it does feel a bit warm with it if the suns out. 

I think from mid March until late April is where we have those changeable periods of feeling warm and cold, depending on the direction of the wind, sunshine and or cloud levels. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Basically intresting weather,cold,windy you name it

To be honest i find this time of year the hardest of the lot, the transition from what i find comfortable cooler temps to the likes of today, not hot or really that warm but the far above last weekends i do struggle with, the acclimatisation takes time, its this switch over period i really dislike, once i'm more used to higher temps i can tolerate them a bit more, enjoy? Nope obviously not but tolerate to a certain degree....depends how high those degrees go though!

• Like 2

Posted
2 minutes ago, markyo said:

To be honest i find this time of year the hardest of the lot, the transition from what i find comfortable cooler temps to the likes of today, not hot or really that warm but the far above last weekends i do struggle with, the acclimatisation takes time, its this switch over period i really dislike, once i'm more used to higher temps i can tolerate them a bit more, enjoy? Nope obviously not but tolerate to a certain degree....depends how high those degrees go though!

Your April 1st is like my September 1st, if that makes sense.

I don’t like it when august turns into September, even if the weather is still hot or warm as it signals the gradual shift from summer into the long decline into the darker and colder time of year.

April 1st signals the opposite, and I start looking toward spring and the main summer months. 

• Like 4

Posted
5 minutes ago, Sunny76 said:

Your April 1st is like my September 1st, if that makes sense.

I don’t like it when august turns into September, even if the weather is still hot or warm as it signals the gradual shift from summer into the long decline into the darker and colder time of year.

April 1st signals the opposite, and I start looking toward spring and the main summer months. 

Exactly, well put. Total opposites! .....I can honestly say with a hand on my heart i don't think i currently own a pair of long trousers that fit, it must be close on to 2 years since i've had need to wear them...What you say makes perfect sense.

• Like 2

Posted

Brrr you make me all feel cold. I wore in the garden today bra, thermal vest, long sleeved top, merino wool jumper, and puffa coat. Today I didn't put on a scarf. And once cutting bushes I did get warm and take off my coat though!

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny, dry and preferably hot. Snow is nice in the winter

Caught roughly an hour of blue skies and the temperature rose to 15.7C before it clouded over and started feeling very muggy in a way that reminded me of July 2020. But the warmer weather was very welcome and actually quite early considering it's only mid March. Unexpected and unlikely to last down here but it was nice to be able to sunbathe for an hour or two! More of the same soon please.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow

Same here had about an hour of blue skies but only managed 11.5c here, unfortunately I was and still am at work so couldn't enjoy it, nice to see though.

• Like 2

Posted
1 hour ago, *Stormforce~beka* said:

Brrr you make me all feel cold. I wore in the garden today bra, thermal vest, long sleeved top, merino wool jumper, and puffa coat. Today I didn't put on a scarf. And once cutting bushes I did get warm and take off my coat though!

Must admit i did get odd looks off folk when i was digging the car out of the snow on my drive with shorts on! One child just stopped and pointed!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
54 minutes ago, plymsunshine said:

2021 flashbacks

Could contain: Art, Modern Art, Chart, Plot, Outdoors

Yes please

i went out and walked the dog today in a long sleeve, jumper, hoody and coat lol and I came back absolutely soaked in sweat. The sun is a lot stronger than it was a few weeks back.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything non-disruptive, and some variety

I was intending to start work on my allotment this weekend but can't do that if it keeps raining like this. Tomorrow looks like a decent day and we might get some sun as well.

As far as starts to the growing season are concerned this year ranks as one of the worst I can remember. An extention of winter followed by the equivalent of a wet November means I can't do anything resembling cultivation. Normally I'd be thinking of planting potatoes in a week or so but will have to wait until after Easter if the weather doesn't improve very soon. In SE England we have exceeded the monthly average rainfall with two weeks of the month left and there is more unsettled weather predicted for much of next week.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Text, Animal, Dinosaur, Reptile

• Like 2

Posted

Seems like a fashion forum,anybody  typing this on a catwalk lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunny and warm in summer, thunderstorms, snow, fog, frost, squall lines

Lovely few days here in the Czech Republic, with long sunny spells and temperatures up to 12-13°C. My new garden (a.k.a. the mud patch) is finally starting to be less of a boggy mess so will hopefully be able to rotavate it soon and begin landscaping 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
1 hour ago, al78 said:

I was intending to start work on my allotment this weekend but can't do that if it keeps raining like this. Tomorrow looks like a decent day and we might get some sun as well.

As far as starts to the growing season are concerned this year ranks as one of the worst I can remember. An extention of winter followed by the equivalent of a wet November means I can't do anything resembling cultivation. Normally I'd be thinking of planting potatoes in a week or so but will have to wait until after Easter if the weather doesn't improve very soon. In SE England we have exceeded the monthly average rainfall with two weeks of the month left and there is more unsettled weather predicted for much of next week.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Text, Animal, Dinosaur, Reptile

Having the same discussion this evening with the other half regarding our allotment. Hoping we can dodge some showers in the week.

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, T Storms.

Did anyone forecast fog, as we have a thick one here, and heard nothing about it coming from anywhere.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: T storms, severe gales, heat and sun, cold and snow
44 minutes ago, alexisj9 said:

Did anyone forecast fog, as we have a thick one here, and heard nothing about it coming from anywhere.

Perhaps a mild moist airflow from the south over seas at their coldest. No fog here now but spring usually sees a lot of fog here on the south coast for that reason.

• Like 2

A lovely day today despite the showers, first time it’s felt truly pleasant. Models starting to throw up a couple of warmer ensembles and finally it’s looks like winter is on its way. Won’t be long until the first 20 & 25C’s come along. 

Posted
4 hours ago, Alderc said:

Pub run perturbation P10 producing an Aprils fool day classic! 30C anyone? 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Art, Outdoors

BOOM. BANK, etc,etc