Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Model Output Discussion - Snow Watch limited edition

Paul
Message added by Paul,

This snow watch thread is an extension of the usual model discussion for those who want to chat about the snow chances over the coming days. For more general model discussion, please use the Models, models and more models thread, which also includes the model highlights.

As usual, for more general weather chat, moans and ramps, please head over to the Spring chat thread.

Be kind -- Stay on topic -- Share your knowledge -- Be polite -- Be honest -- Be tolerant -- Be family-friendly

Posted
2 minutes ago, Updated_Weather said:

Bit light, need that slightly further east - But I am sure it's heading south so maybe more back end for me!

Me too! 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
8 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Well after numerous model runs im still non the wiser what to expect. Im expecting to see snow falling but the real question mark is how much, if any lying snow. The models consistently suggest less accumulating snow for E Anglia compared to Midlands/Wales. This most likely is due to the influence of the N Sea. What complicates matters is my location has often been the boundary between the mild/cold.

Looking very good for W Midlands/N Wales/N Midlands/S Yorks. Also worth mentioning is the strong winds as the low tomorrow tracks E tomorrow night/friday.

Yes TEITS, here are the winds embedded with the lows.

Could contain: Outdoors, Nature

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Cold, Thunder, Heat
9 minutes ago, TEITS said:

Well after numerous model runs im still non the wiser what to expect. Im expecting to see snow falling but the real question mark is how much, if any lying snow. The models consistently suggest less accumulating snow for E Anglia compared to Midlands/Wales. This most likely is due to the influence of the N Sea. What complicates matters is my location has often been the boundary between the mild/cold.

Looking very good for W Midlands/N Wales/N Midlands/S Yorks. Also worth mentioning is the strong winds as the low tomorrow tracks E tomorrow night/friday.

I think lying snow may be the real issue. It's been snowing lightly all morning here in the west midlands but it's struggling to stick much.

• Like 3

Posted

Hi Snowatch… is crazy snow fan man from Luton joining?   

suprised how well the band is holding together and intensifying to the south west. Was expecting it to Peter out around lunchtime before the second pulse but some places might not see a break.  Temps / DPs are a bit marginal for some areas though. Just about clinging to 0 / 0 here but expecting positive numbers for a while around lunchtime 

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Sea, Rainforest, Vegetation, Atlas, Shoreline

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

I'm not sure there has been any real trend south of Thursday's system in the last day or two - merely just run to run variation. 

There was a trend south, a more marked one, before then which brought the likes of the far N of England/borders out of the game - basically the northern portion of the Met Office warning area. Since then though, it has been more about today's system being further north.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm summers, Snowy winters.
1 minute ago, Tim Bland said:

Here’s Friday morning on 06z in WX format which some may prefer 

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Purple, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Vegetation, Rainforest, Atlas

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Purple

Newcastle in the SOUTH East could take a battering lol

• Like 3

Posted
4 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

Hi Snowatch… is crazy snow fan man from Luton joining?   

suprised how well the band is holding together and intensifying to the south west. Was expecting it to Peter out around lunchtime before the second pulse but some places might not see a break.  Temps / DPs are a bit marginal for some areas though. Just about clinging to 0 / 0 here but expecting positive numbers for a while around lunchtime 

Could contain: Plot, Land, Nature, Outdoors, Map, Sea, Rainforest, Vegetation, Atlas, Shoreline

Could you send me the link for that rainfall radar buddy?!!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos
1 minute ago, Tim Bland said:

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Purple, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Plant, Vegetation, Rainforest, Atlas

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Nature, Outdoors, Atlas, Diagram, Plant, Vegetation, Purple

Well Edinburgh and Dundee have trended Southwards as well lol 

• Like 7

Posted
2 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

I didn’t realise Newcastle was so far south. No wonder they don’t wear coats. 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep Deep Snow causing chaos

Back in it next week

gfsnh-1-144.png?6

gfseuw-2-144.png?6

gfsnh-0-144.png?6

• Like 5

Posted
9 minutes ago, mhielte said:

I'm not sure there has been any real trend south of Thursday's system in the last day or two - merely just run to run variation. 

There was a trend south, a more marked one, before then which brought the likes of the far N of England/borders out of the game - basically the northern portion of the Met Office warning area. Since then though, it has been more about today's system being further north.

The difference between the arpege and  gfs is almost a 100 miles, under 48 hours that is fairly big.

I would be surprised if it was correct over the ecm and arpege at that range.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Land, Map, Atlas, Diagram

42-7UK.gif

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

• Like 1

Posted
7 minutes ago, Drifter said:

I didn’t realise Newcastle was so far south. No wonder they don’t wear coats. 

Pretty wet in Belfast too - sea levels rising faster than I thought!

• Like 2

Posted
1 minute ago, Battleground Snow said:

The difference between the arpege and  gfs is almost a 100 miles, under 48 hours that is fairly big.

I would be surprised if it was correct over the ecm and arpege at that range.

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water, Land, Map, Atlas, Diagram

42-7UK.gif

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram

Hoping you're right but both options have a lot of support still.

Posted

The GFS 06 hrs run is similar in trend to the earlier 00hrs run but with a bit more sharpness upstream we see the effects .

We might have lost our blocking but it looks like its down to the wedges of heights to keep the interest going .

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme
12 minutes ago, Tim Bland said:

according to that I now live in Newcastle 😂😂😂

Posted
10 minutes ago, MJB said:

Well Edinburgh and Dundee have trended Southwards as well lol 

Aberdeen under water due to AGW!

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme
1 minute ago, mountain shadow said:

Aberdeen under water due to AGW!

lmfao 😂😂😂😂🤷‍♂️ thats made me laugh !! 

• Like 1