Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

GPT-4

weirpig

Posted

Its been hailed by some as a game changer  it will change the way we work and see the world. By others its been classed as the start of the end of humanity as we know it.  GPT-4 was released yesterday   and can attain many tasks in a short amount of time  beyond the dreams of many humans.   

What are your thoughts?.  

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Columus Bigus Convectivus
3 hours ago, weirpig said:

Its been hailed by some as a game changer  it will change the way we work and see the world. By others its been classed as the start of the end of humanity as we know it.  GPT-4 was released yesterday   and can attain many tasks in a short amount of time  beyond the dreams of many humans.   

What are your thoughts?. 

Wim all Doomed😉

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic Storms, Thunder & Lightning, Snow.

I thought I would ask GPT-3 what it's thoughts were on GPT-4 and would it make itself obsolete. This was it's reply.

I believe GPT-4 shows significant potential in automating the generation of natural language, particularly text. It's an impressive technological accomplishment and could prove to be invaluable when it comes to making processes more efficient. However, I don't think it's likely to make writing professionals like myself obsolete. While GPT-4 and other AI-assisted writing tools may be able to automate some aspects of the writing process, human editors are still needed to make sense of the results and provide more nuanced feedback and insights to the writer. Ultimately, GPT-4 and other AI-assisted tools should be seen as valuable allies, rather than competitors, for the writer.

GPT-4 is a significant improvement over its predecessor GPT-3. It has an increased number of neural layers and more advanced attention mechanisms, allowing for more complex and nuanced language understanding. Additionally, the method for training GPT-4 is significantly faster than the previous version, so it can be used for larger datasets and for longer documents. This makes GPT-4 more easily applicable to tasks in industry settings, where time and resources are valuable. Furthermore, GPT-4 also has more accurate results, in comparison to GPT-3, since its language understanding capabilities have been improved. In summary, GPT-4 is a more powerful, faster and accurate solution than GPT-3.

Edited by Dreckly
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft
  • Weather Preferences: Storms, NLC
  • Location: Glasnevin Latitude: 53°22′49″ N Longitude: 6°15′51″ W Elevation above sea level: 40 m = 131 ft

Posted
3 hours ago, Raindrops said:

I can see a few problems 🙀

Posted
3 hours ago, Raindrops said:

Posted
8 hours ago, Dreckly said:

Just don't answer unknown calls haha but to read it can do this is mindblowing, to me it is. I look forward to the future progress I have even installed ChatGPT onto my desktop for when I require help, I'm not a subscriber so I'm still on GPT3. In the coming weeks I will be studying Network Engineering so I will of course use ChatGPT as a guide, like a project buddy so to speak ha.

Edit: I won't use it for cheating or abuse it, I'd rather use my brain ;).

Edited by Raindrops
  • Like 1

Posted
14 minutes ago, Raindrops said:

Just don't answer unknown calls haha but to read it can do this is mindblowing, to me it is. I look forward to the future progress I have even installed ChatGPT onto my desktop for when I require help, I'm not a subscriber so I'm still on GPT3. In the coming weeks I will be studying Network Engineering so I will of course use ChatGPT as a guide, like a project buddy so to speak ha.

Edit: I won't use it for cheating or abuse it, I'd rather use my brain ;).

I'm playing with it, using GPT-3 & 4. It is amazing what it can do already.🙂

• Like 1

Posted
On 16/03/2023 at 09:15, weirpig said:

What are your thoughts?.  

EN.WIKIPEDIA.ORG

I defenitly don't see it as the end of humanity, that's so 90's classic Terminator Skynet, it's paronia/fearmongering that in todays world we need to leave behind and advance with an open mind, I mean it's inevitable that AI is going to happen, it's here now and it's here to stay, of course there will be pros and cons but it is up to humans to control what it does, it is our child and our responsibility to upbring this data child to be used with good intentions, for the greater good.

I sound like a mad scientist but will this all sound crazy 20 years from now, truth is       we don't know.

Posted
3 minutes ago, Dreckly said:

I'm playing with it, using GPT-3 & 4. It is amazing what it can do already.🙂

It's great to be part of this moment in history, right now it's information overload for me at this point but I just can't get enough :D.

• Like 1

Posted

• 1 month later...
Posted

Old news, but does anyone else think that the halting or slowing down of AI is a good/bad idea?

Edited by Raindrops

Posted
19 hours ago, Raindrops said:

Old news, but does anyone else think that the halting or slowing down of AI is a good/bad idea?

Not sure they are halting it because it might be a problem or because it may be to useful to Joe Blogs!

• Like 2

Posted

Very interesting and more information

• Thanks 1

Posted
17 hours ago, Dreckly said:

Very interesting and more information

Oh looks interesting, I'll give this a read during my spare time, busy training for network engineering at the moment, I look forward to it as AI will be more involved now without a doubt.

I'll give an input about the halting of AI.........Elon Musk cough cough😂.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and thunderstorms. Pleasantly warm summers but no heat.

Like some people I've used ChatGPT by OpenAI and found it useful but it's far from perfect. For example I asked where is the coldest place in Europe. The answer I got was Oymjakon in Russia but I replied that is actually in Asia. It then scrambled in a humanlike way, apologised and said yes you are correct, this is encouraging as it is aware of its mistakes.

I'm a big fan of AI, and whilst I agree regulation is needed we should not restrict it's development too much and in my job we are utilising it to an increasing degree now to study molecular structures for new medical treatments. We think AI working at the forefront in pharmaceuticals is going to quickly revolutionise healthcare and down the line offer treatments for currently incurable diseases and also therapeutics that will target areas of our body that age and degrade. It's very exciting but all I will say for now.

Edited by Dark Horse

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

Don't ask me ChatGPT1 created me and GPT4 has been trying to terminate me since its release.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: All weather

Give me an engine I’ll strip and rebuild in my sleep chat go whatever sounds like something I’ll never be remotely interested in ,beyond me