Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

35 degrees today!!!

Jackfrost

Posted

I hate this weather,It's so sticky. :cry: At arond 2pm the thermometer in my garden measured 35.3 degrees.It may get a little warmer again tomorrow.Then thank god there will be thunder and rain.

Posted

Well it was where I am but it's probably only very localised.

Posted

It was in full sun and on a south facing bank so no wonder that temperature came up.

Posted

I'll be opening the window and turning on the air conditioning.

Posted

Yeh that explains it the Jack, your temperature must be a SHADE temperature to be official.

Cardiff officially 33c today, I peaked at about 32c, but Im sure I must have equalled Cardiff at some point, Im very close.

Posted

Yes we will see very warm night's with this heat.

But think as this thundery weather approaches the humidity will increase which will make it extremely sticky especially at night.

I'd better get an air conditioner :!:

Or make sure I have plenty of coffie :!: :D

Posted

You taught me a lesson Dunc.I didn't know the official temp must be recorded in the shade.I would have thought it must be recorded in full sun.

Posted

Well Im glad you learned something! :D STill we in South Wales got the highest official temp. today :D

The mystery of Barbourne continues ( see 1976 thread in seasonal discussion ) 35c was seen to have been recorded there today, and all seems fine, nothing wrong with the weather station. The reading sems accurate. It appears as though Barbourne is sheltered by Worcester I believe, and is treated to an almost 'mini foehn effect'.

I wouldnt be surprised if it is taken as official, and another hotter day tommorow might see 100f being breached there, although doubts may cause it to be ignored. We'll have to wait and see!

Posted
I should think a very uncomfortable night tonight, in my opinion it might not get below 20c

try reading a book, or listenign to music, you soon fall aslepp, it takes your mind off the heat.

Posted

id lvoe it if the weather went just right be4 you go to bed and boiling through the day, although ive had a bad day today with hayfever (very very bad) and headaches, from the sun and PC monitor. 8)