Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Cold Spell General Discussion

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

lol AJ...

I thought this was

Cold Spell General Discussion..

have you posted this in the wrong thread AJ...been on the wine and vindaloo agin mate :)

edit....lol

just saw your edit :)

Yep, doh!....thats the pitfall of having multiple netweather windows open on my browser....think I just posted 'happy birthday Yeti' in the learning area...lol........Shugs, is it a classic on par with 'heavy snow in Telford'?...lol

The funniest thing was that my first thought was 'Jeez, the model thread has gone seriousy downhill today'...lol

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted

Yep, doh!....thats the pitfall of having multiple netweather windows open on my browser....think I just posted 'happy birthday Yeti' in the learning area...lol........Shugs, is it a classic on par with 'heavy snow in Telford'?...lol

The funniest thing was that my first thought was 'Jeez, the model thread has gone seriousy downhill today'...lol

:)

oh well...shuggs think's this is more fun than the other...

quite funny realy.... I had to also laugh about Lewis using wipe the xxxx 24/7

very funny...

anyway back on topic in Model Thread two...

I do think alot of us could be looking to deeply into this snow set up including myself...

Its EXTREMELY rare for a dumping of snow before xmas in the majority of the country..

Though we must be due for one now.

Posted

Paddy Power have 7/2 odds for snow falling on christamas day tonight , it was 8/1 two days ago!

Do they have an insider on here or in the met office? Ha!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,

Some areas had snow in October and November last year - So its certainly possible.

Edited by Daniel AKA WMD

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

:D

oh well...shuggs think's this is more fun than the other...

quite funny realy.... I had to also laugh about Lewis using wipe the xxxx 24/7

very funny...

anyway back on topic in Model Thread two...

I do think alot of us could be looking to deeply into this snow set up including myself...

Its EXTREMELY rare for a dumping of snow before xmas in the majority of the country..

Though we must be due for one now.

I'm normally too scared to post in the model output thread... :D I dont want to look stupid in there!...By the looks of things, I'm doing a good job of that in here!...lol

Anyhoos, the model runs have been great for cold lovers for the past few days, looks like some seriously good snow potential for our nek of the woods from the 17th onwards...The thought of being snowbound for several days with nothing to do but drink copious quantities of alcohol & gorge myself with fine foods oddly attractive! :lol:

Edited by ajpoolshark

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Varied and not extreme.

I do that too, and I'm surprised I haven't made the same myself...yet!

Edited by chrisbell0033944

Posted

Seems totally reasonable to me? Why the jibe?

It certainly looks the best event (on the models at least & if it pans out) in the post '87 period of warmer winters.

Can't remember when I saw such High latitude blocking, Jet undercutting, Heights over Greenland ...IN DECEMBER except for 62 of course.

And I've been watching the weather since 1958.

Don't tell me there's no "christmas pudding" of warmer winters. It is my direct experience.

You can convince anybody to anything if it is remote from there experience, but it is a shame that so many can be so often convinced of what is contrary to their experience. Not me though!

And if we experience a cooling off, or even an Ice Age, let's see who will be first to acknowledge it

(It is definitely not here yet) instead of prejudging peoples reactions to hypothetical scenarios. What is the motive for that?

Len

Hi Len,

I Agree completely, I think there are too many people knocking Ian, when all he's done is argue a position ( which I disagree with, but that's beside the point)

Edited by NorthNorfolkWeather

Posted

I think come Saturday or Sunday we will know or have a good idea for the main showdown next week Tue/Wed onwards...

though there might be some snowy showers before

the main snow event if it happen's

Edited by dogs32

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot

Bit of a battle between mild and cold for Xmas day! Only a bit of fun but if that came off some lucky folk could wake up to a very snowy Dec 25th!

Posted

I'm normally too scared to post in the model output thread... :winky: I dont want to look stupid in there!...By the looks of things, I'm doing a good job of that in here!...lol

Same here hehe :winky:

The GFS looks incredible once again, it's going to be interesting watching the outputs until Sunday, by then we should have a much better idea of how things are going to unfold.

One thing I would add is that it's 2 runs in a row now which have pointed towards a milder interlude by around the 23rd December, with this run suggesting a wet and windy Christmas Day, although possibly cold enough for snow in Scotland.

Posted

I think come Saturday or Sunday we will know or have a good idea for the main showdown next week Tue/Wed onwards...

though there might be some snowy showers before

the main snow event if it happen's

6000 posts!...congratulations Pat!

Posted

6000 posts!...congratulations Pat!

wow I didnt realise in this Banter Thread..lol

na..cheers mate....

dont worry you wont be going to work next week with 1,ft of snow on your door-step..

One good thing is these charts are looking like 81/scenario

what do you think AJ?

or any of the masses

Edited by dogs32

Posted

Bit of a battle between mild and cold for Xmas day! Only a bit of fun but if that came off some lucky folk could wake up to a very snowy Dec 25th!

On the parallel run the cold wins the battle unlike the operational which is more marginal and with the colder uppers comes a countrywide heavy snow event, potentially severe in the south-west:

http://91.121.94.83/modeles/gfsp/run/gfs-2-384.png?18

A fun way to end the run but really the parallel is stonking throughout so it's not like I'm desperately seeking cold charts...there's plenty to choose from tonight at a more reliable timeframe!

Posted

didnt know where to post this, but what does this mean to you it was posted to me by PM and i dont have a clue what he means

'So crazy that post. Its not saying anything untrue at all, Solar output which i study is having huge effect on our climate. Solar max took our 80s winter away. Solar min with the lag has brought it back. This was forecast from summer this year and on here to read - now that may be crazy.

Go read the uk Northwest europe forum in climate change and perhaps you will see there is much more than GFS playing the right tune. I know models change in fi but that statement not just about models.

Not going to argue about it, chat again in two weeks time '

i havent a clue what he is referring to?cc_confused.gif

it was posted to me by someone called pyzotech or soemthing?

anyway on topic that parallel and gfs, well i dont know which one i would want, but if i flipped a coin, either would be good.

Edited by snowlover2009