IGNORED

North West Cold Spell 10

Methuselah

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Morning all

Sky looks ladden right now, would be great to get a couple of hours out of this, off to check radar

Liking how the little band of showers passed down over over our region and the irish and is now seeming to swing SE over the southern parts of the NW .. could it turn into a streamer .. heres hoping becuase it is defo getting some intensity

Posted

Starting to go very dark here by Mcr Airport, the sky is full of snow, and I've just seen the first flakes falling as I type. By the looks of the radar the front of this band of showers is just starting to hit us. It'll be interesting to see how much snow we get from it or whether it turns to rain.. bbc said rain last night/this morning.

Posted
  • Location: coppull near chorley lancashire. and the pier head liverpool

Left chorley at 07.00 it was -04 c arrived in liverpool 07.40 and it is 3.0c ,the night shift said it was frosty earley on but soon cleard .

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Starting to go very dark here by Mcr Airport, the sky is full of snow, and I've just seen the first flakes falling as I type. By the looks of the radar the front of this band of showers is just starting to hit us. It'll be interesting to see how much snow we get from it or whether it turns to rain.. bbc said rain last night/this morning.

I'd imagine sleet at worst tbh, even the Metar for Manchester says SH SNRA which is sleet but if the temps etc are good hopefully it will stay as snow for you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

the band still looking good over scotland, and heading southwards, reports of rain turning quikly to snow over parts of scotland from the second band of ppn no doubt it will be rain or sleet here and snow inland and higher up

roll on tonight clear skies and a harsh frost

Edited by james12

Posted

Just had a 20min spell of heavy snowfall here, it's turned a little lighter now, but left a white covering everywhere.

Posted

Need a good temp drop here in liverpool atm ots 3.3c and the dp is 0.7 ,i wish i was at home in chorley.

Posted

wow , gone very dark here and snow is staying heavy with decent sized flakes !

My Cam

You can actually see the intensity better on my cam today .., Huge flakes lol

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

wow , gone very dark here and snow is staying heavy with decent sized flakes !

My Cam

I thought you'd be getting it soon :D Now stretching to Northern Parts too, and looks like there might be quite a bit more to come!

Posted

I thought you'd be getting it soon :D Now stretching to Northern Parts too, and looks like there might be quite a bit more to come!

So close now, looking at jam cams at top of the M62 it isn't far off, whoop.

Posted

Just had a 20min spell of heavy snowfall here, it's turned a little lighter now, but left a white covering everywhere.

Yup, exactly the same here at Mcr Airport. Travelling home to Nantwich later though and I suspect the snowshield will hold firm :D

Posted

Good stuff i hope this turns into a streamer event coz this snow is going paste us with that intensity and sized flakes. Ive got the exitement factor back wooho.

I have to say this far better than those showers the other week that took a while to dump 6" .

2-3 cm top up already !

Edited by Snowmad79

Posted

So close now, looking at jam cams at top of the M62 it isn't far off, whoop.

Yep, and raintoday radar shows some intensification. Can't beat entrenched cold, and then a North Westerly wind component. Lots of snow!! What you get today should stick around for quite sometime too, judging by the model charts for temperatures in the next few days.

Posted

Yeah, we still have most of the snow from the other Sunday so not bad going, Tuesday looks promising too if i dare say it.

Posted

This is the life. No watching the radar and seeing the showers painfully lose energy and life as they try to cross the pennines. Now they are just streaming in and delivering in kind

Posted

Ah what a shame, it looks like the main band is just a little too far east to hit us at the moment. The earlier shower left a nice covering though. Current temp -1, dp -2.

Edited by Louise

Posted

Never sure which thread to put these posts in as we stand on the borders of the NW Midlands and Pennines areas. Snowing very hard here, thunder as well, impossible to see the hills, plenty more to come by the look of it. I hate being critical of the MO but this shouldn't be here yet.