Neil it was a joke, hence the smiley

Sorry , sometimes it's hard to take people on netweather smiley or not :o

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted

Sorry , sometimes it's hard to take people on netweather smiley or not oops.gif

Sorry Neil... I appreciate the written word doesnt translate sarcasm very well.... It was a joke, no offence intended. Thanks Rich44.

Now get out and back to your snow :o lol nonono.giflaugh.gif

Posted
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast
  • Weather Preferences: Severe Storms and Snow
  • Location: Home near Sellindge, 80m/250feet, 5miles from Coast

Now get out and back to your snow :o lol nonono.giflaugh.gif

I'll just clear the drifts from the driveway and i'll be on my way :o

Posted

The activity here mirrors today's weather for me, benign although very nice to see the sun with some blue sky

And to think I lived in East Kent for a while back in the 80's and it was every bit as good then, if not better.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Deep cold

The snow showers are starting to pile in now off the north sea as the wind changes direction slightly to a more

N'ely set up. I think the 3 counties will get at least a dusting from this 2nite, could be tricky in the morning peeps whistling.gif

Posted

not looked at the models yet, wots happening tuesday ?

Could be some snow.

But julie ain't sure yet.rolleyes.gif No doubt she will be on the phone now telling those at the Meto , that she thinks it will be rain.

How i dislike that women.

Can not believe it's so quite in here?? chance of snow tonight.

Edited by Lancs_Northants

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

Could be some snow.

But julie ain't sure yet.rolleyes.gif No doubt she will be on the phone now telling those at the Meto , that she thinks it will be rain.

How i dislike that women.

Can not believe it's so quite in here?? chance of snow tonight.

All are just waiting for that one magical SNOWFALL to crop up. Your right though it is really quite on HERE infact most threads seem quite, CALM before the STORM,Well Hopefully.drinks.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Did you see the face of (mild ramper) julie from Look east? she did not like the chart for tuesday did she.acute.gif

haha, yes I noticed that !

She is one of those annoying weather forcasters that considers 'bad weather' to be anything that the rest of us find interesting/exciting nonono.gif

I'm not going to get my hopes up about Tuesday until I have seen Countryfile on Sunday, if they mention the 'S' word for our region then I will go yahoo.gif

Just noticed 'chance of snow tonight' comment, really for here, I didn't think so cc_confused.gif O good ~ better keep an eye on the lampost then !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Evening all!!!

Well a boring weather day in Peterborough after this mornings snow dusting... cold, sunny and windy.

Looking at Meteox theres some tasty showers coming our way soon!! Hoping they dont disperse as soon as they hit Peterborough.... Will update if/when they hit.

Fingers crossed that we get something substantial as Mini F has got a school assembly he really wants to miss tomorrow!! lol

Evening all!!!

Well a boring weather day in Peterborough after this mornings snow dusting... cold, sunny and windy.

Looking at Meteox theres some tasty showers coming our way soon!! Hoping they dont disperse as soon as they hit Peterborough.... Will update if/when they hit.

Fingers crossed that we get something substantial as Mini F has got a school assembly he really wants to miss tomorrow!! lol

Hi Mrs F Hope yr not encouraging little Miss F to miss School! In fact I thibk that you should diirect them showers 20 miles south over me instead - I really need a day off work. My forecast some days ago was for some snow Thurs/Fri but I am not optimistic now!

Posted

Evening all!!!

Looks like a direct hit for Peterborough so far! Looks like Beds, bucks and northern Cambs will do best tonight maybe 3cm by morning

Posted

Hmm, lampost watch in operation. Wasn't expecting this so early tonight. Some good looking showers coming in off the Wash... only about 1 cm this morning, (hung around in the shade) I reckon there could be a couple of inches tonight.

Surely our Peterborough correspondents can confirm snow now judging from the radar. Send it 25 miles down the road.

Looks like a direct hit for Peterborough so far! Looks like Beds, bucks and northern Cambs will do best tonight maybe 3cm by morning

Northants seems to have been included in this thread, as we were kicked out of the Midlands one, but are neither in the three counties or in East Anglia. I think North and East Northants will do equally as well.

The showers are actually developing as they head inland, rather than weaken. Interesting.

If we get any half decent snow i'm going to post repeatedly in the South East thread irrespectively, naming no names and post half a dozen snow reports in quick succession.

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Raaahhhhhh, looks like there could be some snow this evening ladies and Jelly Beans, hopefully that blob will graze MK as it bumps into Northampton!

I will have to move into the SE thread from tomorrow onwards as I will be spending some time on the East coast of Essex!

Doozer

Posted

Hmm, lampost watch in operation. Wasn't expecting this so early tonight. Some good looking showers coming in off the Wash... only about 1 cm this morning, (hung around in the shade) I reckon there could be a couple of inches tonight.

Surely our Peterborough correspondents can confirm snow now judging from the radar. Send it 25 miles down the road.

Northants seems to have been included in this thread, as we were kicked out of the Midlands one, but are neither in the three counties or in East Anglia. I think North and East Northants will do equally as well.

The showers are actually developing as they head inland, rather than weaken. Interesting.

If we get any half decent snow i'm going to post repeatedly in the South East thread irrespectively, naming no names and post half a dozen snow reports in quick succession.

But us in London have hardly had anything all winter. (apart from a couple of times in december and january blum.gif ). I have had one 2 min shower during this cold spell, ive watched it al go to the north and south of us:((((((

Posted

Raaahhhhhh, looks like there could be some snow this evening ladies and Jelly Beans, hopefully that blob will graze MK as it bumps into Northampton!

I will have to move into the SE thread from tomorrow onwards as I will be spending some time on the East coast of Essex!

Doozer

12z GFS precipitation charts pick this up pretty well. Could be in for a constant spell of showers right the way through the night... huzzah! And the ground is frozen now, so it should settle easily enough. Think forecast maximum temperatures of 4-5C tomorrow under mostly cloudly skies with some wintery showers persisting look too high.

Fingers crossed for quite an interesting night!

Edited by mackerel sky

Posted

Apologies for sack reporting, was watcing eastenders on iplayer!!

I can confirm we have lift off!!! Currently a rain/snow mix.... not settling as yet..... biggrin.gif

Edit: Rainfall with snowflakes, more rain than snow... sorry guys.....

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

Hate to dampen the spirits in here but it's raining here and the temperature is rising slightly.

Posted

12z GFS precipitation charts pick this up pretty well. Could be in for a constant spell of showers right the way through the night... huzzah! And the ground is frozen now, so it should settle easily enough. Think forecast maximum temperatures of 4-5C tomorrow under mostly cloudly skies with some wintery showers persisting look too high.

Fingers crossed for quite an interesting night!

Ooohh I hope so, I shall have to commence operation lampost watch!!

Posted

Hate to dampen the spirits in here but it's raining here and the temperature is rising slightly.

It does seem to be a touch warmer where you are.

It is currently around 1c here with a dew point of -5.4c

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Storms and epic cold snowy winters

0.8C, dewpoint -1.3C. Should be snow, all eyes to the sky in the next 10-15 minutes.

Is redbourn, hertfordshire included, bordering luton and bedford.............cc_confused.gif

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

It does seem to be a touch warmer where you are.

It is currently around 1c here with a dew point of -5.4c

Can confirm surface temps @ freezing here, I have a puddle on my driveway that is frozen solid good.gif