Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

3 Counties & Ea Cold Spell Discussion Part 8

Posted

Right at this moment I really really hate where I live!! Good luck Northants guys n gals!

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Storms storms and more storms

It does seem to be a touch warmer where you are.

It is currently around 1c here with a dew point of -5.4c

Yup it's risen 2degrees in the last 2 hours and a dew point of 1 - no chance of snow at all. There appears to be some warmer air coming in with the showers

Posted

Just found a weather station online for peterborough which states Temp 2.2 DP-0.1 Not sure of reliability tho

Will add link incase anyone wants it : http://www.peterboroughuk.weather-watch.com/

Edited by Mrsf16

Posted

Just looked out of the window and it's chucking down with snow. Where did that come from? I didn't think we'd be getting much more for the next few days. Looks like there's more to come from the radar, although they may be a few miles to the north. Edit - proper big snowflakes and everything's covered. That's two nights on the trot, although the few cms we had this morning had thawed by lunch today

Posted

The blob should be hitting MK soon, large flakes please, none of this graupel nonsense!! :air_kiss:

Temps up to 1.4c now!

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted

Ah shoot... temp and d.p rising here... Glad conditions are favourable for the rest of you !!

Mackerel Sky.... just read post about crashing SE threadaahahahahha have you been yet??? lol

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Operation Lampost Watch: report from East MK - Just started to snow here pardon.gif

Small flakes but looks more snow than graupel and starting to settle !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Operation Lampost watch report from East MK, just started to snow here pardon.gif

Excellent :good:

Lampost update, it is snowing in SW MK!!! :drinks:

Posted

haha, yes I noticed that !

She is one of those annoying weather forcasters that considers 'bad weather' to be anything that the rest of us find interesting/exciting nonono.gif

I'm not going to get my hopes up about Tuesday until I have seen Countryfile on Sunday, if they mention the 'S' word for our region then I will go yahoo.gif

Just noticed 'chance of snow tonight' comment, really for here, I didn't think so cc_confused.gif O good ~ better keep an eye on the lampost then !

Is she actually a forecaster or just a presenter? She's more often than not wrong anyway, tuesday evening she said just light flurries for our region yet wednesday afternoon saw nearly 2 inches settle in Ipswich.

Posted

Is she actually a forecaster or just a presenter? She's more often than not wrong anyway, tuesday evening she said just light flurries for our region yet wednesday afternoon saw nearly 2 inches settle in Ipswich.

What ever she is, the information she 'presents' is from the Met Office not just her personally so I suppose we shouldn't 'shoot the messenger' however she is just annoying for oh so many reasons diablo.gif

Posted

She must be a presenter because she's useless. She looks ridiculous as well. There must be an 80s vibe going round their office at the moment because Susie Fowler-Watt has gone all silk-shorts and shoulder pads as well. I wish proper meteorologists would present weather programmes - at least they get excited by weather extremes.

Posted

Looking at http://www.sat24.com/ theres a line of cloud currently over us which seems like streamer..... I may be completely and utterly wrong... Anyone more knowledgable verify/explain. Thanking you

Posted

Excellent good.gif

Lampost update, it is snowing in SW MK!!! drinks.gif

Any idea how long this could last ?

It's quite fine here but lot's of it, given a dusting cover already.

If it continues like this into the night we could get quite a bit ! It's going to be a late night me thinks, lucky I haven't got an early start in the morn.

She must be a presenter because she's useless. She looks ridiculous as well. There must be an 80s vibe going round their office at the moment because Susie Fowler-Watt has gone all silk-shorts and shoulder pads as well. I wish proper meteorologists would present weather programmes - at least they get excited by weather extremes.

That's why I like the Countryfile forcasts, they give a better explanation of the weather and don't say silly things like you will need a brolly tomorrow because it's going to rain !

Shoulder pads are all the rage again ! I've been there and done that once in the 'Dallas' & 'Dynasty' era, & I do not intend to go there again !

Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

Any idea how long this could last ?

It's quite fine here but lot's of it, given a dusting cover already.

If it continues like this into the night we could get quite a bit ! It's going to be a late night me thinks, lucky I haven't got an early start in the morn.

No idea, it depends on how fast it is travelling, I don't think we will see more than a dusting!

The few flakes I saw earlier must have been a cruel joke because it is NOT snowing here at the moment, I just stuck my face out of the front door and felt nothing!!

it looks like I am in a gap :drinks:

Doozer

Edited by ickledoozer

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snow

snowing lightly here in Leighton Buzzard!! just spent last couple hours tracing my ancestors online and turns out im originally from clenchwarton, norfolk..facinating!! true 3 counties member!!biggrin.gif

Posted

No idea, it depends on how fast it is travelling, I don't think we will see more than a dusting!

The few flakes I saw earlier must have been a cruel joke because it is NOT snowing here at the moment, I just stuck my face out of the front door and felt nothing!!

it looks like I am in a gap cc_confused.gif

Doozer

Oh, no that's not so good.

Flakes have got bigger here and swirling round the lampost at the mo. I will give it a bit longer and then I might just go to bed after all then !

Posted

I dont believe this.....Northampton once again is getting nothing!!!!

Had enough now..rolleyes.gif just for my kids sake wallbash.gif

What the hell does northampton need too do to get snow!!!!!!!

I will be mild ramping when i get back from tenerife laugh.gif

Posted

I dont believe this.....Northampton once again is getting nothing!!!!

Had enough now..rolleyes.gif just for my kids sake wallbash.gif

What the hell does northampton need too do to get snow!!!!!!!

I will be mild ramping when i get back from tenerife laugh.gif

Light dusting here so far!!!

Posted

With the temperature at 0.9C it has been a bit selective where it has settled. Some bits of the roads are completely white, whilst other bits are just damp and slushy. The grass is covered though.

Posted

With the temperature at 0.9C it has been a bit selective where it has settled. Some bits of the roads are completely white, whilst other bits are just damp and slushy. The grass is covered though.

I noticed that it was a bit slushy, especially the bits that landed on my nose! :angry:

Posted

Light dusting here so far!!!

That's better then, meantime your 'gap' must be over me, it's either stopped now or it's so fine I can see anything, and no way am I going out to check cold.gif heating off now and I'm cold as it is.

Think I will call it a night, anything more than 5mm will be a plesant surprise tomorrow morning.

Nite all lazy.gif

Posted

Its even snowing in Rushden ...rofl.gifrofl.gifrofl.gif

So far, thats Mk, rushden, leighton buzzard and no doubt Luton .

yet we get sod all.

Think I'll move back to Lancashire rofl.gif at least Bolton is situated perfect.