Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Some Order Please

Adi F

Posted

The Convective / Storm discussion threads are a complete mess which makes it almost impossible to search for any one day. Can we sort them out?

I suggest a new approach , well it is an old one that seems to have been forgotten.

What I propose is a new Convective / Storm discussion thread started each morning with a structured title of '6 Fig date format Convective / Storm discussion thread' so and example for today would be 29/06/11 Convective / Storm discussion thread.

I know on very busy days threads can go on and on so once they have reached around 30 pages a new thread can be created using the same title format + Thread 2 or something as it is done now.

If a storm passes midnight it stays on the same thread but the next days potential, models and discussions are posted In a new Convective / Storm discussion thread for that day.

This would make life a lot easier to search for storm days and would allow people to find the model snapshots and peoples thoughts on that days potential at the start of the thread and then see how the day actually panned out. In my mind this would make a lot of sense.

I know a new thread is often added each day but not always, they often run into the next day and sometimes for a couple of days. That makes it a nightmare to reference later.

I think this is mainly aimed at Coast as it seems he is the one that starts most Convective / Storm discussion threads although I am not in any way dissing his effort or dedication to the forum, I hope he continues his contribution and hard work for a long time to come. And i will Take this opportunity to thank him for that.

Edited by Adi F

Posted

Thanks for that Adi - we will get back to you after a chat :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, squally fronts, snow, frost, very mild if no snow or frost

i enjoyed the spanish plume storm dissussion, and the new chapters/threads were added as we went along and keeping the same title, which to me was fine.

The only time can get lost is when theres storm activity like tuesday. everyone posting at once-which is understandable! the points on the idea of having a new date each day is good, but i can't see a problem the way it is myself, as we do have a new discussion each convective period and pages pile up quick during active periods, and the new threads are created as we go through that period, but starting a new thread at a new day and everyday sounds fine to me, some threads though would remain empty during quite spells of course, as it is im happy so thats all ah say on it.:drinks:

Edited by ElectricSnowStorm