Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Change - Model's Thread Discussion?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: MCC/MCS Thunderstorms

Hello,

I didn't really want to get off topic with the discussion, but a lot of people are looking for changes, such as high pressure moving and low pressure doing this, or Polar Vortex setting up over etc etc.

I was wondering can we have a thread dedicated to looking for this change?? and where it may occur/when it may occur and what's needed, along with the reliability for each model. That means the thread can get back to reality again, whilst this one can be more detailed, and readable.

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

I generally find you can pick up when there is change coming to colder or snowy conditions by the amount of visitors and members at the bottom of the front page of the forum! :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow then clear and frosty.

Hello,

I didn't really want to get off topic with the discussion, but a lot of people are looking for changes, such as high pressure moving and low pressure doing this, or Polar Vortex setting up over etc etc.

I was wondering can we have a thread dedicated to looking for this change?? and where it may occur/when it may occur and what's needed, along with the reliability for each model. That means the thread can get back to reality again, whilst this one can be more detailed, and readable.

Hi Robbie,

I think you have a good point about keeping general chat about pattern changes off the Model Discussion Thread.

My thought is we have other Winter discussion threads where this could go and indeed many posts already have this area covered in those threads.

Having said that it`s a fine line when some of this is indeed relevant to posting in the Mod.Disc. Thread as provided it`s related to what the output show then posters are entitled to link this to their opinion on possible change.

I am not a Mod. but i would say we don`t want too many threads running on Winter General discussions as it would tend to clutter up the forum.

Regards,Phil.

Edited by phil n.warks.

Posted

Hello,

Whilst we don't want to clutter up the forums, Netweather is for everyone, agreed? Someone like me with basic knowledge of Met through Aviation Training and just a general interest, does not understand some of the technicalities provided in the thread. Hence why the creation of this thread keeps the model discussion thread to how it should be, and not the constant change towards winter.

I've never known HP to be this stubborn, it's a damn shame we didn't get this sort of stuff during Summer, hence why I think that the weather that we are experiencing at the moment is very weird. Last winter as many have said was exceptional, and the models this year are not hinting at anything, if something remarkable is around the corner.

But I agree with most people, that if the models are correct - any cold weather will not be till the New Year like the Winter before 2010/11. But it's best I think in this topic we discuss 'Model Changes' from a mild outlook to a cooler/colder outlook in this thread, just so we can keep the eye on the game.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowageddon and a new ice age. Then a summer long bbq heatwave!

Would be easier if they did set up another official thread called Model Output - Forecasts then peeps such as Gibby and others talking about the reliable timeframes can post there summaries/forecasts and the rest of the members can then talk openly and freely in the Model Ouput - General Discussion about output from 0hrs through to the end of the runs, without people pulling their hair out because of disccusions relating to T96 + output.

Everything the charts show after say 72hrs is speculation and should be open for discussion without people getting wound up.

Posted

Would be easier if they did set up another official thread called Model Output - Forecasts then peeps such as Gibby and others talking about the reliable timeframes can post there summaries/forecasts and the rest of the members can then talk openly and freely in the Model Ouput - General Discussion about output from 0hrs through to the end of the runs, without people pulling their hair out because of disccusions relating to T96 + output.

Everything the charts show after say 72hrs is speculation and should be open for discussion without people getting wound up.

What you say! But looking at this, all it takes is a few more runs and that HP MAY be further west.

h850t850eu.png

Edited by Robbie Garrett

Posted

how about a model output whining thread where people can post "not good for coldies" and other such repetetive posts, to their heart's content!