Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Christmas Days

claret047

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Mr Data or any other knowlegable person I would be grateful if you could tell me the following:-

What is the highest recorded temperature for London on Christmas Day and what is the lowest minmum for Christmas Day for the same location.

Many thanks in anticipation

Posted

Mr Data or any other knowlegable person I would be grateful if you could tell me the following:-

What is the highest recorded temperature for London on Christmas Day and what is the lowest minmum for Christmas Day for the same location.

Many thanks in anticipation

It suppose to have got down to -15.6C at Somerset House on 25th December 1796, that the lowest I have seen for Christmas Day in the London area. It got to 13.0C in central London during 1974.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: snowy or sunny but not too hot!

Mr Data,

Many thanks for your reply.

Posted

Posted this quote earlier in the White Christmas thread:

The mildest Christmas Day temperature on record was 15.6C, recorded in Killerton, Devon, in 1920 and in ­Edinburgh in 1896.

http://forum.netweat...60#entry2195978

Met office blog here:

There are many other incidences even in relatively recent years when temperatures have been equal or above those we expect this year – so there is certainly nothing exceptional in the forecast. To give an idea of how warm it would have to be to break records, the warmest temperature ever recorded in December is 18.3 deg C at Achnashellach, Highland, on 2 December 1948. We’re not expecting temperatures to get anywhere close to this in the next few days.

Even if we focus on Christmas Day, we’re expecting temperatures of 8-12 deg C across the UK which is, again, nothing exceptional. The record for Christmas Day is 15.6 deg C at Killerton in Devon in 1920 and at Leith, Edinburgh in 1896. So it looks as if this year’s festive period is looking like nothing exceptional with regards to maximum temperatures.

http://metofficenews.../tag/killerton/