Hot?
IGNORED

South Central England Regional Discussion Thread Part 2

Nick L

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny
Posted · Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - now replied by PM
Hidden by gottolovethisweather, February 4, 2012 - now replied by PM
gottolovethisweather are you going to delete the comments from other members regarding BBC, MET OFFICE ETC??
  • Replies 686
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Just received the following from Old Met Man which may help aid us all.

gottolovethisweather, on 04 February 2012 - 14:27 , said:

Thanks OMM.

I think you misunderstood my question though.

I was referring to the more immediate situation, i.e. the snow event and its mixing of warmer and then cooler air for our region overnight?

Thanks

gottolovethisweather

And Old Met Man's response was as follows.

Sorry GTL, yes I see what you mean, yes, once the LP has moved off landand the winds back around the NE nor N for a time, it will drag some of the colder air back down over us, but by that time I think the precipitation will be petering out anyway, a great deal depends on the exact track of the LP, I'm sure it's further E than forecast but we'll see in the analyses as the day goes on.

Next week looks interesting if we get a renewed easterly with a cold pool coming at us. More chance of snow then I think.

Still sounds ok and but let's hope the SNOW out west of us starts settling all the more. :good:

gottolovethisweather

Posted

Yep, light rain, temp now 4.2c and DP 0.9c

Yep, as if it's not already difficult enough down here, the front edge comes through mid afternoon ! Was hoping for a bit of initial sleet at least! :D

Going to head to the office shortly, 3 miles north of Dorchester, will report back!

Still looking good for many North and east part of the region. Maybe yes, down on the coast IOW eastwards as well for a bit.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowfall in particular but most aspects of weather, hate hot and humid.

A few flakes blowing in the wind here at Winfrith but not settling

Posted

Temp now 3.2 and DP 0.4, with a thick layer of altostratus and a few patches of stratus forming so precipitation must be imminent. Unless it's heavy, it'll be rain with some snow mixed in, just hope it doesn't freeze on the ground.

Looking at the visible satellite, the triple-point is somewhere near Cumbria but it's hard to tell. There is still more SE motion to the cloud pattern than S, but it is clear from the radar that the occlusion process is happening quite rapidly.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer:sunny, some Thunder,Winter:cold & snowy spells,Other:transitional

Steady as she goes or should that be, steady as she snows. Sorry, a little IMBYism creeping in. :oops:

post-7183-0-78729500-1328367475_thumb.pn

This is an evolving situation and I expect some surprises along the way.

gottolovethisweather

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms
Posted · Hidden by snowdog, February 4, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by snowdog, February 4, 2012 - No reason given

SNOW FALLING I REPEAT LIGHT SNOW FALLING

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine and snow but not together

Something is coming gritters in Newbury town centre. Not even the a road bit the town road. And am sure the sky is turning that grey pink. ;£

Posted

Temp fallen by 0.5 degree in 15 minutes and the wind has swung to the SSE and increased. No sign of precipitation but the sky is looking darker by the minute

Interesting to see some frantic activity by the local birds. As I type this the wind has dropped and started to swing to due south.

Posted

Just starting to arrive at Corfe Castle and falling as ........................................ a few wispy flakes of snow at the mo, which should give encouragement to anyone right on the South coast to the East of us!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Lovely rain in Portsmouth can't wait til we move hopefully won't be long

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow,snow and more snow

a slight snizzle on the iow...the thing that worrys me is that the clouds seem to be encroaching from the south off the channel...gulp...temp is 3.8 and dew point -1.8

Posted

Really? Dry as a bone in Southampton still, DP dropping to -3, Temp dropping back down too, and totally still out there - sky looks full of snow to the West.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Blizzard, Hot & Sunny

a slight snizzle on the iow...the thing that worrys me is that the clouds seem to be encroaching from the south off the channel...gulp...temp is 3.8 and dew point -1.8

Has not reached southampton yet?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms followed by snow (preferably on the same day!)

Yes but not raining much to be fair

Posted

As this band is approaching i would say the temp has just shot up by at least 3 degrees!!

Oh dear, that is what I expect will happen here. Temp had dropped in the last hour down to 2.6 and I was hoping it would go lower but it seems stuck there now. Not cold enough for snow so I will just watch to see who gets what, where.

Hi Polar Bear, been out of things a bit, nice to 'see' you.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny summers, cold and snowy winters. Traditional seasons please!

Rain today have updated their site to the snow map http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

They seem to be showing a complete white-out for the whole of the UK!! Or there is a glitch because I'm just getting a white screen at the moment! :rofl:

Anyway....... very cloudy here now, with a very dark horizon to the west. Temperature still at 1.7c with DP at -1c. I expect to see something within the hour now, judging by the radars.