Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Problem In Google Chrome

Posted
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m
  • Weather Preferences: Tropical Cyclone, Blizzard, Thunderstorm, Freezing Cold Day and Heat Wave.
  • Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada, Altitude: 189 m, Density Altitude: 6 m

I have problem in this forum with google chrome browser. I cannot follow the forum, it is very difficult. And I saw that there is a similar problem with the opera browser. What is your opinion? There is problem only in me? There is problem only in google chrome and opera browsers? Or the problem is general (in many people, in many browsers)? Thank you.

Posted
  • Location: Caterham-on-the-hill, Surrey, 190m asl (home), Heathrow (work)

I am having problems with both firefox and chrome on netweather when making posts, I can't seem to edit posts or insert images anymore plus I dont get the tool bar that allows me to select font, make letters bold, insert img, etc.

Posted

Chrome working all as before the update for me using Windows XP. :good:

Posted

Yep, as per this thread - hitting ctrl+f5 or clearing the browser cache will sort those problems:

http://forum.netweat...m-update-today/

Aha, done the trick, cheers.

Posted

Interesting I still see this happen, 5mins ago tried to edit a post and had....

I can't seem to edit posts or insert images anymore plus I dont get the tool bar that allows me to select font, make letters bold, insert img, etc.

And yet in this reply I cant edit and see the toolbar, and that's after a browser refresh and cache reset.

After multiple cache clear and restart of browser the page I wnated to edit did eventually come up with all the optional extras.

However having editied successfully I've just come to edit this post and et voila

I can't seem to edit posts or insert images anymore plus I dont get the tool bar that allows me to select font, make letters bold, insert img, etc.

Edited by Dorsetbred

Posted

Weird, as everything is working fine here in Chrome with one refresh once the update came online. May be worth just trying ctrl+f5 instead of a cache removal.

Guest QuantumSnow

I had to use Chrome for a short while recently as I needed to uninstall and re-install Firefox and had difficulties with it on here, couldn't view images properly and posting options were limited as Dorsetbred describes, with lack of toolbar etc. Nothing I tried seemed to work, but suffice to say I have no problems now i'm back to Firefox. I'm using Windows 7.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Severe Weather events

using both Chrome & Firefox here with no issues at all

(sorry if that comment isn't helpful although it does show that it's not a problem effecting all Chrome/Firefox users)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Google chrome is fine, just keep the cache clean if it starts beng funny.

My iPad has very limited posting options with no smilies or font menus to choose whilst composing a post.

Posted

Weird, as everything is working fine here in Chrome with one refresh once the update came online. May be worth just trying ctrl+f5 instead of a cache removal.

Problem I had was with IE7.

Posted

Would definitely recommend upgrading to at least IE8 - IE7 is ancient now biggrin.png

Yeah, trying telling the bosses that, unfortunately in the world of finance such transitions take time to unfold, until all testing and known issues surface..

So for now it's IE7, no Chrome or Moz