Scotland - Alba Regional Discussion 20/03/13 21z ------>

A.J

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snoooowwww with some thunderstorms on the side

Those really are huge flakes, sooo much better than the miniature stuff we have had for two weeks.

Posted

Those really are huge flakes, sooo much better than the miniature stuff we have had for two weeks.

back to horrible graupel/snizzle now though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Stratosphere, Thunderstorms, Hurricanes, Snow Prediction

another heavy snow shower on here! best size flake ive seen in weeks

Definitely a difference indeed. Some larger echoes on radar.

In the words of Hannibal Smith: "I love when a forecast comes together!" :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and snowy or warm and dry

back to horrible graupel/snizzle now though

Ehm....heavy fine snow is doing a very good job of turning everything white here now. Wasn't really expecting that, but doubt it'll las, especially once the sun gets out again.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Crystal Clear High Pressure & Blue Skies

Decent showers flowing in now, moved on from the grainy graupel or as someone at work put it 'pretend snow', into some proper big fat flakes. Recent radar image, included the full screen view so you can get an idea of the new NetWx Xtra layout if you have not spied it before.

post-7292-0-97783700-1364317003_thumb.pn

Great to see Cu mixed in there instead of the usual SC sheets on the Satrep 1500 report.

post-7292-0-34894200-1364316592_thumb.pn

Here are some Soundings for the East coast airports.

Edinburgh / Dundee / Dyce

post-7292-0-19456600-1364317065_thumb.gipost-7292-0-95121000-1364317070_thumb.gipost-7292-0-55442000-1364317078_thumb.gi

UKMO - a reinforcement of the cold pool to our East for the start of April.

post-7292-0-96429900-1364317196_thumb.gi

Really is a never ending cold story at present. Continued wonderment..

Posted

Another snow shower this time the sun's shining at the same time. Really is a wonderland

Posted

A beautiful combination of Spring light and winter air and conditions. Today was the 9th consecutive day of snow here and at Glasgow airport it was also the 9th consecutive day of sub 5C maximum values - this just getting silly now rofl.gif! This afternoon and evening had some more snow showers sometimes quite heavy with graupel and with a setting sun and lovely blue sky it had the look that a rainbow was around. Looking forward to a decent frost tonight, maybe some convective activity too and this evening Scotland take on Serbia. The game was in doubt but some bravehearts helped to clear the pitch of snow. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/scotland/21944797

Posted

Tonight is one of the few nights this winter/spring that I've really noticed the temperature falling quickly. I've gone from 3.3c to 0.9c in just over an hour. Dewpoint at -3.5c.

Posted
  • Location: falkirk, scotland, 16.505m, 54.151ft above sea level
  • Weather Preferences: dry sunny average summers and really cold snowy winters

this evenings ECM 12z wants to keep us in the cold through its whole run how long can the cold keep going i wonder

heres the last few frames they still look snowy

post-18233-0-86617100-1364324505_thumb.gpost-18233-0-32082500-1364324518_thumb.gpost-18233-0-36292500-1364324524_thumb.g

Posted

Can't believe the models are still going cold! Feeling bad for farmers now as much as I love the cold n snow!

Posted

Can't believe the models are still going cold! Feeling bad for farmers now as much as I love the cold n snow!

yeah its defo not looking too good for them lets just hope summer and autumn can make up for some of it

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted

a few larger echoes appearing on radar out in the north sea east of fife/edinburgh lets hope something can pick up for tonight.

Posted

Estimated time when Scotland will get a shot on goal....???

Posted

Estimated time when Scotland will get a shot on goal....???

Unlikely before the end of this cold spell.......

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summers Snowy Winters Stormy Autumns

Nae idea Lorenzo I am just grateful to not have ESPN ... ITV1HD for me to watch the southern shire.....

FairPlay BUS to your winter summary but may need to wait till end of winter for that summing up :) I agree wholeheartedly with you and thanks to you for posting so many charts and saving us so much time....do hope u have some luck with a job soon though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunderstorms, gales. All extremes except humidity.

Last nights showers left a covering this morning that melted quickly. Real snow rather than grains or graupel though. Just about dry through the day but inland heavy showers broke out. Was that something to do with the sun causing convection? You could see clouds building to the West of Dundee by the hills. Got caught in a heavy snow shower near Blackford this afternoon and another near Perth. Felt milder in the sun back in Dundee but since dark the temp fell quickly and a couple of snow showers have left a new covering. Up in the North part of the city still a lot of snow in shade.

Travelling back up from Stirling all the visible hills looked great in their Winter coats.

Posted

Nae idea Lorenzo I am just grateful to not have ESPN ... ITV1HD for me to watch the southern shire.....

FairPlay BUS to your winter summary but may need to wait till end of winter for that summing up smile.png I agree wholeheartedly with you and thanks to you for posting so many charts and saving us so much time....do hope u have some luck with a job soon though

thought i would post something just now as no point in posting when the cold has stopped and theres nobody left to read it lol

Posted

ESPN? Tis on cooncil telly

I am just grateful to not have ESPN ...

Posted

fantastic looking ECM mean at 240h if your looking to stay in the cold with snow chances

post-18233-0-26883900-1364330188_thumb.g

think the first 10c day in scotland predictions might have been a little optamistic lol

Edited by Buriedundersnow

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: bright & frosty/snowy; summer: hot and sunny.

Good to see some sunshine again today and for the icecutter easterly wind to drop, too. Some decent beefy snaw showers, too through the day.

Reckon that NL's fields are in better nick than that pitch Scotland are playing on just now.

Good to see the lads playing a bit, too. 'Mon Scotland!

post-6412-0-88293200-1364330252_thumb.jp

"WE ARRA PEEPIL!!!"

Ach, bobbins...

Edited by Polar Gael