Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

North West Regional Discussion 22/03/13 08z ------>

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.

Front has now stalled, all eyes to the SE following this 'trail' coming up from France making inroads across southern Lincs currently. Thats a solid 300 mile line of PPN with the northwest's name on it.

That'll sink back southwards a long with the cold front and all of this PPN within the next 2 hours.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted

not far from me haydock infact where i am and backtrack and gearbox is about a 2 mile triangle

I'm about 1.5 miles from Haydock, do I make it into the Bermuda Snow triangle?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Met office has Liverpool as light snow from now till midnight (which is currently accurate). Then back to heavy snow from midnight to 6am. From the radars does anyone think this is accurate?

I hope so. Is very small flakes at the moment but the wind is driving it like blizzard. Despite all the reports here in Walton which is near to the coast we have 2 inches if that !!

Posted

Ive been looking at Raintoday most of the evening but just checked the MetO radar and it shows the disappearance of any proper heavy snowfall in the last few hours. Also checked the NAE and the amount of precipitation is only going to go down. Not to put a damper on things but I can't see where the intensification is coming from?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Ive been looking at Raintoday most of the evening but just checked the MetO radar and it shows the disappearance of any proper heavy snowfall in the last few hours. Also checked the NAE and the amount of precipitation is only going to go down. Not to put a damper on things but I can't see where the intensification is coming from?

There will be none Ben......the optimism I had last night drained away as soon as I opened my curtains this morning.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer - Heat & Thunderstorms Winter - Cold & Snowfall!

We have around 4/5cm in Macclesfield at the moment, Really hoping for the fillet steak to be served overnight and to awake to a lovely winter(spring ahem!!) wonderland!!! Snowing lightly but wind is still strong and gusty! Has the front stalled and sinking back south??? Raintoday seems to have been on the pop!!!!

Posted

There will be none Ben......the optimism I had last night drained away as soon as I opened my curtains this morning.

Meanwhile, in Runcorn..

post-8895-0-82357100-1363994432_thumb.pn

Posted

Perfect example of how imby our perspectives are....for me in preston well scorton tonight......this is another none event.....for others not too far away its clearly been a major event.....thats why we all look at forecasts differently. backs up my theory that 2010 was a once in 50 year event for preston and surroundjng areas

Posted

Snow didn't really start till 4:30pm so depths aren't going to be the same but still a good 16-20cm on many surfaces. On the paths outside my house it's 11-15cm but that's due to the snow from the morning being compacted.

post-8968-0-85659600-1363994692_thumb.pn

Edited by Cheese Rice

Posted

Belting it down here again now. Medium flakes. This is actually insane!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, storms and other extremes

Snow didn't really start till 4:30pm so depths aren't going to be the same but still a good 16-20cm on many surfaces. On the paths outside my house it's 12-15cm but that's due to the snow from the morning being compacted.

post-8968-0-85659600-1363994692_thumb.pn

Again, given the light nature of the precipon the radar, HOW have you managed that depth?

Posted

Still smashing it down here, another memorable snow event for this winter, can't wait to see what its like come daylight! smile.png

What's the depth up there?

Again, given the light nature of the precipon the radar, HOW have you managed that depth?

Is it not possible that the radar could be incorrect? It really hasn't matched what has actually been falling at all tonight here.

Posted

Just looking at the 18Z NAE for 6am in the morning and the Met Office Amber Warning, a striking similarity wouldn't you say?

post-14390-0-75680500-1363994803_thumb.g

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&fcTime=1363910400

Posted

I will tomorrow :-)

Tried to drive back though heswall tonight but had to turn around and go back on the m53, which was also getting buried in snow. Got back to west kirby only 3 miles away the road were more or less clear and all we have slushy snow.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer storms, hot summer days and Snow :)

Just looking at the 18Z NAE for 6am in the morning and the Met Office Amber Warning, a striking similarity wouldn't you say?

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/warnings/#?tab=map&map=Warnings&fcTime=1363910400

lol the Manchester shadow still alive and well on there.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, Clod snowy Winters

they never used nae though

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Cold & Snowy

http://www.metoffice...Time=1363910400

Already wrong, has turned to snow as far south as Hertfordshire.