Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

South East England & East Anglia Regional Weather Discussion 15/02/14

Snowangel-MK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cool not cold, warm not hot. No strong Wind.

Is he a Sir Mike Kipper... I mean Fish yet?

Slander Posted Image

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: anything extreme or intense !

Francis Wilson used to present the weather on BBC breakfast news back in the 80s

I don't know why but I've always thought his name sounds like it should belong to a firm of estate agents ! Edited by MKsnowangel

Posted

I have no idea what to do for dinner tonight (OK not weather related I know) and left confused (must be my age) by the "signals" I am getting from a lass at work, friend or FRIEND kind of thing (I am getting too old for this stuff  (he says in his only forties) but dating is certainly not my game, it is more *luck* I say/fall/be in the right place at the right time), may be nothing (on both counts of dinner and this lass)

*sigh* 

why can life not just be simple?

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow

I have no idea what to do for dinner tonight (OK not weather related I know) and left confused (must be my age) by the "signals" I am getting from a lass at work, friend or FRIEND kind of thing (I am getting too old for this stuff  (he says in his only forties) but dating is certainly not my game, it is more *luck* I say/fall/be in the right place at the right time), may be nothing (on both counts of dinner and this lass)

*sigh* 

why can life not just be simple?

order a kebab or have a nice bit of fish (ha), as for the lassPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image good luck working that one out.

• Like 1

Posted

I have no idea what to do for dinner tonight

Sticky ribs and tatty wedges here with a two to share tub of cookie dough ice cream after .... Hope you have a nice evening - it's not all about the food anyway the company is the most important thing :-)
  • Like 1

Posted

order a kebab or have a nice bit of fish (ha), as for the lassPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image good luck working that one out.

Have no money else it would be a burger (how do people like kebabs I have no idea?), but not really a fast food person unless really pushed/hungry/desperate.

Been married, divorced and more so the latter I can relate to.

Anyway, short sharp shower of rain here and now the sun is back out.

Sticky ribs and tatty wedges here with a two to share tub of cookie dough ice cream after ....

Hope you have a nice evening - it's not all about the food anyway the company is the most important thing :-)

I know, still on my tod these days, after two years beginning to think it may be time?

Posted

Early statistics show it has been the wettest ‪winter‬ in the UK in records going back to 1910....

post-10773-0-81172200-1392916075_thumb.j

See the rainfall statistics for winter so far at http://bit.ly/1nQyWwm

Posted

Early statistics show it has been the wettest ‪winter‬ in the UK in records going back to 1910....

Posted Imageimage.jpg

I just read that on the BBC too.

Posted

I just read that on the BBC too.

And there is still just over a week to go until the end of the season ! The UK has now received 486.8mm of rain, narrowly above the previous record of 485.1mm set in 1995.Wales has seen 691.8mm of rain, beating the previous record of 684.1mm in 1995.East Scotland has seen 514.5mm of rain, beating the previous record of 482.2mm in 1915.Southwest England and south Wales has seen 632.5mm of rain beating the previous record of 610.7mm in 1990.Southeast and central southern England has seen 492mm beating the previous record of 437.1mm set in 1915.All countries and areas are also on target for a warmer than average winter.Current record wettest winters:Country Year Rainfall Winter 2014 to date*UK 2014 486.8mm New recordENGLAND 1915 392.7mm 370.4mmWALES 2014 691.8mm New recordSCOTLAND 1995 649.5mm 634.3mmNORTHERN IRELAND 1994 489.7mm 434.5mm*These are provisional figures from 1 December 2013 to 19 February 2014 and could change after final quality control checks on data.
  • Like 1

Posted

Have no money else it would be a burger (how do people like kebabs I have no idea?), but not really a fast food person unless really pushed/hungry/desperate.

Been married, divorced and more so the latter I can relate to.

Anyway, short sharp shower of rain here and now the sun is back out.

I know, still on my tod these days, after two years beginning to think it may be time?

You have my sympathies, so you have gone through all the smiley face emotions already, confusion, hurt and tears. How about an omelette , cheap and hassle free, unlike a date. Complaints to my personal mail please and not on this forum.Posted Image

Posted Imageimage.jpg

1910 winter, remember it well

• Like 1

Posted

You have my sympathies, so you have gone through all the smiley face emotions already, confusion, hurt and tears. How about an omelette , cheap and hassle free, unlike a date. Complaints to my personal mail please and not on this forum.Posted Image

I still have two geese eggs to work with, you never know :lol:

• Like 2

Posted

OK, that has made me hungry (never cooked a goose egg before though, duck and chicken yes, but never a goose one)

I do have a "PING" pizza in the freezer instead Posted Image

Fantastic end to the day here, bright and sunny and mostly dry too, I hope this weather makes an attempt to continue going forward.

Posted

I still have two geese eggs to work with, you never know :lol:

What about a goose egg quiche and a jacket potato ? You can get it all prepared and in the oven before your 'date' arrives :-) I'm sure whatever you do it will be appreciated - I love it when mr P cooks for me, he makes a wonderful spaghetti bolognese ! Raining here again - just for a change !!
  • Like 1

Posted

What about a goose egg quiche and a jacket potato ? You can get it all prepared and in the oven before your 'date' arrives :-)

I'm sure whatever you do it will be appreciated - I love it when mr P cooks for me, he makes a wonderful spaghetti bolognese !

Raining here again - just for a change !!

A way to a woman's heart, spaghetti bolognese, how romanticPosted Image

Posted

What about a goose egg quiche and a jacket potato ? You can get it all prepared and in the oven before your 'date' arrives :-)

I'm sure whatever you do it will be appreciated - I love it when mr P cooks for me, he makes a wonderful spaghetti bolognese !

Raining here again - just for a change !!

no date yet, it is just signals stage, I may (and often do) read them wrong, I love quiche and make my own, have done for the last year, sadly have none of the base ingredients so that idea is knackered,  I do make spag bol (but I do not eat beef or lamb so use turkey or quorn mince), and have a freezer full of turkey and chicken meals I have made.

I am just being awkward and want something different for a change I think.

I thought it was through the chest with a sharp knife?

(OK this may explain a few things)

• Like 2

Posted

sharp knifePosted Image did you really say that jax?Posted Image

Blunt ones take longer, I am on a time plan :lol:

• Like 1

Posted

Like I said it's not all about the food ... his spag bol is just a bonus to many other wonderful things :-)

Despite the rain it's only just getting dark here .... really noticeable that the days are lengthening now !

I think I need to stop watching the Olympics and get the oven on all this talk of food is making me hungry :-)

Posted

Like I said it's not all about the food ... his spag bol is just a bonus to many other wonderful things :-)Despite the rain it's only just getting dark here .... really noticeable that the days are lengthening now !I think I need to stop watching the Olympics and get the oven on all this talk of food is making me hungry :-)

what's cooking

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold Snow and a good Thunder & Lightening

Jax said "no date yet, it is just signals stage, I may (and often do) read them wrong"

Those darn mixed signals huh! Would be so much easier if you could just come out and say 'oi, I like you' :-)

Mild, but dreary down here, put a few varieties of sunflowers seeds on the window sill, which are already germinating, looking forward to seeing them blooming in the garden in afew months time.

• Like 3

Posted

what's cooking

Sticky ribs and tatty wedges here with a two to share tub of cookie dough ice cream after ....... I'll pop in chat later if anyone is around :-)