Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Convective/Storm Discussion for 06/0614 - 07-06-14

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow

I think the storm has passed through here now, or it's fizzling out, as there hasn't been any thunder/lightning in around ten minutes now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Unlikely. As the last of the rain clears the south, it should brighten up and turn in to a nice day.

Yeah, it should turn nicer but still some intense downpours forecast.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

It seems to be a common pattern for storm activity to die out for a couple hours in the morning before reinvigorating. I can understand why the heat of the day may cause storms to reinvigorate but would be interested to know why storms generally seem to lose intensity through the 8-11am period?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

I think the storm has passed through here now, or it's fizzling out, as there hasn't been any thunder/lightning in around ten minutes now.

it is easing slightly on the radar

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Unlikely. As the last of the rain clears the south, it should brighten up and turn in to a nice day.

Poor, William Posted Image

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

Gone pitch black here had to put the lights on! Unfortunately it looks like the electrical activity is dying off as that band of rain moves northwards. Temp fallen back down to 16c with some light showers passing through. humidity 84% certainly feels muggy. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms

Make or break time now for the SE...both temperature and humidity have just ratcheted up significantly, sky is awash with very unstable looking Ac and the southern sky is a tropic like, blacky blue colour!!!

Everything about it screams promise!!!

Apologies if pic comes up wonky...always does on my iPad!!

post-3790-0-28854400-1402130921_thumb.jp

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Posted

well im not expecting anymore today, cloudy skies and feeling much fresher

Dont count your chances out yet! Its very early, and if anything you are probably in the best place to see anything later on!  :D

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms, Snow, High Winds.

Poor, William Posted Image

Yes, I know. I got a thunderstorm last night so unlikely I will get anything else for ages now. But, no need to rub it in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Good question, knowing that would help me to know whether I am still in the zone for possibilities.

Trough and cold front, roughly..post-15177-0-69592800-1402130974_thumb.p

Posted

Well im hoping things will kick off later here aided by the sun in between bands.That lot darn sarf should hit us at the right time.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and frost in the winter. Hot and sunny, thunderstorms in the summer.

Make or break time now for the SE...both temperature and humidity have just ratcheted up significantly, sky is awash with very unstable looking Ac and the southern sky is a tropic like, blacky blue colour!!!Everything about it screams promise!!!Apologies if pic comes up wonky...always does on my iPad!!

Yep starting to see that cloud move in here at Benfleet, just over the Thames, that will be the channel stuff from earlier. Might need to see some storms break out ahead of this band though as it appears to be easing somewhat.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

Yes, I know. I got a thunderstorm last night so unlikely I will get anything else for ages now. But, no need to rub it in.

count yourself lucky that you got a storm.....diddly squat here apart from some current moderate rain and nothing on the horizon

• Like 4

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme weather - any kind!

Gone really dark here, a friend just further south has heard thunder so hoping it remains electrified!

Posted

I'm thinking that the showers currently in southern england are what will explode through the day into bigger storms, whereas that line of thundery rain currently over northern england (call it what you will) is just something that's developed as expected ahead of the main event????

Edited by Harsh Climate
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Yeah, it should turn nicer but still some intense downpours forecast.

I didn't see any forecasted by Mr Shafernaker this morning, at least for southern counties.
  • Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm dry summers

After a dry sunny start cloud has increased its warm (20.0c) and humidity is 62%

Rain is on its way to me but it doesn't look like it will last too long its just a case of how heavy it will be

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dull And Uninteresting Weather

I'm thinking that the showers currently in southern england are what will explode through the day into bigger storms, whereas that line of thundery rain currently over northern england (call it what you will) is just something that's developed as expected ahead of the main event????

and they'll probably be in your vicinity at that time

the rain in the south is due to the cold front goes through next couple hours dry south get stuck in north england afternoon wet north

Edited by Gordon Webb

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot summers, snowy winters and thunderstorms!

Got nothing last night and it's only just started to rain.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold and Snow -20 would be nice :)

Just a little joke, at least we seen some action..... some had now't :whistling::good:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Atlantic storms, severe gales, blowing snow and frost :)

You can see where the cold front currently is on the latest satellite image, the big arc of white cloud with the clearer air behind it.

post-9615-0-98276700-1402131308_thumb.pn 

• Like 2

Posted

and they'll probably be in your vicinity at that time

the rain in the south is due to the cold front goes through next couple hours dry south get stuck in north england afternoon wet north

I hope so  :D

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Nope, that's the front. 

It should get fatter though.

Posted

Getting darker and darker here now.

Not sure why some are worrying. It's not even 10am yet and parts have been getting a good amount. Expect it to potentially be much worst soon, got an entire day and parts could get absolutely hammered.