Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Yorkshire and Lincolnshire - Weather Chat

Paul

Posted

Woke up to a bonus dusting this morning. 

As frustrating as the radar watching was last night, the main event for us in the East was always going to be from Sunday. 

Iv'e just seen the weather warning from the METO.

It's ace and literallly covers the coast (Typical wishbone type setup). It's about time we had in on the action!  It seems they are eyeing potential disturbances also for those inland. 

"Further snow showers will affect parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland on Sunday leading to some locally large accumulations and the showers may spread along eastern and western coasts of England and Wales. The showers will be associated with strong winds so drifting and temporary blizzard conditions are possible as well as icy stretches. The public should be aware of the potential for disruption from these conditions. This alert is likely to be updated in the coming days. A very cold airmass will continue to spread southwards from Scotland and Northern Ireland across the remainder of the UK on Sunday accompanied by strong winds. Frequent showers are likely to form in this airmass, primarily affecting northern parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland but also running along eastern and western coastal districts of England and Wales at times. With the cold air snow is likely to accumulate even to low levels wherever showers affect. Periods of enhanced snowfall are possible within this general flow but details of these are very uncertain at this time. As such this alert is likely to be updated and refined in the coming days to better represent individual features.

There is the potential for disruption throughout this period due to the accumulating snow and ice but also with temporary blizzard conditions leading to very difficult driving conditions."

Edited by PMPhotography

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, wind, torrential rain.

Bit of a bust here too with only a slushy covering and quite icy underfoot.

However, looking at the forecast and the radar, it would appear that all of those showers up towards Cumbria and the West coast of Scotland will gradually sink Southwards across our region throughout the day so fingers crossed it goes to plan!

Edit...The other half reports that snow is now settling on the M1 near Wakefield.

Yes just starting to snow properly north side of Barnsley after a disappointing night.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

post-3933-0-63121100-1422519553_thumb.jp

The MO warnings for Sunday.

The Wishbone effect I am supposing.

I might get something from this (?) as I'm just 7 miles

from the coast.

B.  :)

• Like 1

Blizzard conditions in Dronfield during the last hour. Traffic not getting out of the town at all now. I work at a school in north Sheffield which is open today, but after a 1 hour tour of various routes out of Dronfield, I'm not risking the journey. Nearly got stuck several times and lost brakes at one point. Lucky I was only in for a half day today. Now back home safe and warm!

A couple of pics from my lovely tour of Dronfield during the blizzard!

4rtihpr.jpg

4otLKdD.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Seasonal weather but love snow

Scunny getting a good bit of snow now

Just In time for rush hour

Edited by Lincstim

Posted

Scunny getting a good bit of snow now

Just In time for rush hour

Yep coming down heavier now, although it looks like we are right on the northern edge of the shower.

Posted

Heavy shower when I left home leaving 1cm. Very disappointing overnight with no accumulation. A good couple of cm up at gildersome but none in Leeds centre. Doesn't feel that cold either.

• Like 1

Posted

Very heavy snow again. Looks like a streamer setting up here now. 

n5mgMxh.jpg

Well that is a stunning image. enjoy

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and Cold! Winter :)

yes its very deep here now, absolute massive blizzard outside atm! Best snow in the day for ages :D

Ill add some more pics shortly!

yes its very deep here now, absolute massive blizzard outside atm! Best snow in the day for ages :D

Ill add some more pics shortly!

Yep! :D

A streamer has set up, but I'm wary of the slow push southwards of these showers as well, so I think the streamer may well do the same later on and push southwards as the winds steer more northerly. Plenty of snow to enjoy before that though. A proper winter wonderland right now!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Warm and sunny (hate hot), severe thunderstorms, heavy snow, extreme cold

Still 1cm here from last night unfortunately.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: cold,snowy,frosty and thunderstorms

hmmmm how long is this set to last in barnsley, kids have gone to school, but just wondering if they will be staying the full day :)