Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

North west regional discussion

Mokidugway

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.
5 hours ago, Geordiesnow said:

Just been asleep and I just woken up and seen its snowing outside with a light covering! Surely your location got some? 

Either way, the radar suggests it's northern  parts of the region at the moment that is doing well, wonder if the front end up further North in the end? Either way it shows its never straight forward predicting how things will go.

Morning mate! We seem to have the most meagre dusting of snow that barely registers on the depth scale. Speaking to colleagues of mine it appears areas around have a lot more, as with every other snowfall this winter. Won't be paying any more attention to this 'cold snap' as this is the best chance we will get. A truely awful, vile and sickening winter, which has failed to produce any more than a dusting of snow I am sick of it already! I looking forward to spring already to be honest fella!

Posted

maybe 5cm here and still coming down for the time being,got lucky an hour ago with that blob that's hitting backtrack now.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow & Thunderstorms

Wonder if this will hit later on too, seems to be slowly merging together.

aaaaa.thumb.jpg.de9068cce647778bbb36ff462eddaff6.jpg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Temps under 25 degrees and Disruptive Heavy Snowfall any other time

Woohoo light snow again here ????

• Like 2

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Extreme events.

For the 5th time this winter I woke up to a slight covering that barely covers all surfaces, maybe 0.2cm max. For the 5th time this winter pretty much everyone else, even in 'snowless' places like Preston and Manchester have far better snow depth levels than me. I predicted this, and it is indicitive of the winter so far but it really irks me when everyone else seems to fair so much better unexpectedly than I do. Can't wait for the cold snap to end and hopefully a good spring and summer.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days

The wind is currently on-shore at 280° which always worries me a bit but won’t be a problem in this case. This suggests the low is to the north. As it moves West the wind should back off-shore again. 

Posted
1 minute ago, Chris.R said:

The wind is currently on-shore at 280° which always worries me a bit but won’t be a problem in this case. This suggests the low is to the north. As it moves West the wind should back off-shore again. 

Colder uppers arriving very soon mate, makes a change usually the other way around.

9-7UK.thumb.GIF.32186c7cbc6559e9febb4ecc40786d4a.GIF12-7UK.thumb.GIF.f8c55d8f87c428557c46d65731837800.GIF15-7UK.thumb.GIF.e85fe7cbe3578e7adae5dbcc0d47b077.GIF

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy winters, hot, sunny springs and summers.
8 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Morning mate! We seem to have the most meagre dusting of snow that barely registers on the depth scale. Speaking to colleagues of mine it appears areas around have a lot more, as with every other snowfall this winter. Won't be paying any more attention to this 'cold snap' as this is the best chance we will get. A truely awful, vile and sickening winter, which has failed to produce any more than a dusting of snow I am sick of it already! I looking forward to spring already to be honest fella!

3 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

For the 5th time this winter I woke up to a slight covering that barely covers all surfaces, maybe 0.2cm max. For the 5th time this winter pretty much everyone else, even in 'snowless' places like Preston and Manchester have far better snow depth levels than me. I predicted this, and it is indicitive of the winter so far but it really irks me when everyone else seems to fair so much better unexpectedly than I do. Can't wait for the cold snap to end and hopefully a good spring and summer.

I don't think I've ever seen you post anything remotely positive. If you don't have any snow, take a short car journey to somewhere that has. 

For some in here, this is their first snow lying since around 2013. Chill. It's only the weather 

• Like 2

Posted
3 minutes ago, Barmada_Casten said:

Why can't you be happy for the others? There is snow in places near you. Just take a car/bus etc and get there to enjoy it instead of posting the same thing again and again?

• Like 5

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter - snow, Irish sea convection. Summer - thunderstorms, hot sunny days
1 minute ago, chris78 said:

Belting it down here now, wont last long but should add another cm.

Excellent, that might head my way. 

Posted
Just now, Chris.R said:

Excellent, that might head my way. 

That lot on the radar is all heading our way. NW England perhaps the sweet spot this morning?!

• Like 2

Posted
4 minutes ago, Day 10 said:

Colder uppers arriving very soon mate, makes a change usually the other way around.

9-7UK.thumb.GIF.32186c7cbc6559e9febb4ecc40786d4a.GIF12-7UK.thumb.GIF.f8c55d8f87c428557c46d65731837800.GIF15-7UK.thumb.GIF.e85fe7cbe3578e7adae5dbcc0d47b077.GIF

Look at those -20s out in the North Sea!

• Like 1

Posted
1 minute ago, Day 10 said:

What a waste of a streamer!!!

5a95171447ce1_Screenshot-2018-2-27WeatherRadar-LiveUKRainfallRadar-5MinuteUpdates-Netweather(2).thumb.png.332ee00ba623edb05536f318b949a80b.png

Makes our 'polar low' look like a joke hahaha

Posted

Like SP said the other day; 10th August 2003 but with snow. 

Posted
Just now, Backtrack said:

Makes our 'polar low' look like a joke hahaha

Would be truly buried under that!

Posted
5 minutes ago, Backtrack said:

I don't think I've ever seen you post anything remotely positive. If you don't have any snow, take a short car journey to somewhere that has. 

For some in here, this is their first snow lying since around 2013. Chill. It's only the weather 

He's gone on my ignore list...he is a troll.

• Like 1

Posted

Still on the slow bus to Bolton a journey that should take 30 mins has taken 70 mins and counting. The snow is getting heavier now :)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snowy weather

Just in from taking my nephew to school. Left early so we cud have fun on way. Was lovely to at last have a good snowball fight. It is freezing out with odd snow flurry. Enjoy today everyone 

• Like 4

Posted

Just popped into the SE thread. Some of them have almost 20cm down there. Didn't realise it was that bad. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: very cold frosty days, blizzards, very hot weather, floods, storms

Heavy snow now

• Like 1