Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

October 2019 C.E.T. and EWP contests

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Unseasonably cold weather (at all times of year), wind, and thunderstorms.
13 hours ago, Walsall Wood Snow said:

At 10.0c, October 2019 shares the same mean CET with October's:

Obviously pre 1699 as well as a lot of pre 1723 can't be relied on for accuracy been as many of those months were rounded to the nearest .0 or .5

Interesting quirk that - first time in 266 years that we've recorded a very middle-of-the-table CET of 10.0C.

• Like 3

Posted

The reported October EWP of 149.0 mm changes only a few scores by 0.2 up or down as some of the higher forecasts gain 1 mm and all of the lower ones lose that same amount. As the new posting comes with minor changes to previous months in the table, that may have implications for ultimate scoring section. So I will post the updated excel scoring file when it's finished (may not take very long to do that). 

• Like 3

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Heavy disruptive snowfall.

A bit gutted actually - delighted to have got up to 7th in the CET but now gutted i didn't just change my forecast for November, i thought i would still be outside the top10 so kept my order of entry on 7c when i felt really it was looking more like 6 or below, would have bitten your hand off for a 7th finish after some real dodginess, EWP i have gone rubbish after at one time threatening the leaders.

Posted

If anyone has trouble opening the October CET file, try this link, I had some difficulty but got it downloaded and converted. (J10, I think it is crossing paths like we had going on before, maybe just on my computer though, so this may not be needed for any other users).

Should open up to the various summaries, other options will be in tabs. 

Oct19CET.xlsx

Posted
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet
  • Location: Leeds/Bradford border, 185 metres above sea level, around 600 feet

Happy to have climbed to fifth. I’m coming for the Ed Stone.

I did finish fourth a few years ago.

• Like 1