Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Davis Vantage Vue outside temperature/humidity sensor

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms

Hi guys, after 8 years my Vantage Vue is giving me some issues, after working flawlessly since purchase, I'm no longer getting a reading for the outside temperature & humidity, I've replaced the battery in the ISS, and changed location of the console, without any change. Rain & wind readings are still reporting without issue.

Does anyone know what part would need replacing? I can't seem to find the specific part online?

TIA

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

I'm not 100% sure about this, but, I have a feeling that the Davis Vantage Vue's sensors are not modular, which means you may need to replace the whole internal ISS, which would be in excess of £150.

I'd send John at ProData an email: support@weatherstations.co.uk

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow events / Wind storms
10 minutes ago, Mapantz said:

I'm not 100% sure about this, but, I have a feeling that the Davis Vantage Vue's sensors are not modular, which means you may need to replace the whole internal ISS, which would be in excess of £150.

I'd send John at ProData an email: support@weatherstations.co.uk

Thanks @Mapantz, I'll send them an email.

I have found a vue sensor suite from weather spares for £125, but it's out of stock, and the model numbers don't seem to match up, so think I have a different revision. 

As you said, replacing the whole ISS is quite costly, cheapest I've found is over £200, which for that price I may as well sell the whole Vue as faulty and put the proceeds to a Pro2 or alternative brand. I'll see what ProData have to say though before I decide what the best route to take is, Thanks!

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

Looking at the price a replacement board is almost the same as new unit. They list the item twice. The cheaper one is out of stock.