Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

March 2006 cold!

damianslaw

Posted
24 minutes ago, LetItSnow! said:

I don't remember March 2006 but one of my earliest weather memories is a heavy snow event in early April 2006 that absolutely blanketed where we lived at the time in north-west Kent. Despite being April it was one of the heaviest snowfalls I can remember in my childhood. The type of snow that weights down tree branches and covers everything. I remember our TV having no signal. It actually woke me up as I was in bed and there was a commotion about the TV not working and I looked out the window and to my wonder it was a winter wonderland. I was only 5. I think that was a local event.

I remember hearing about parts of Kent having snow in early April 2006, although I think like you say, it was local and other parts of Kent saw none.

Posted

I don’t remember much about March 2006 but one thing that does stick out is a very heavy snow spell around the 12th-13th. There was about a foot of snow locally for me and probably the heaviest since 2001. I remember some clubbers in Glasgow had to sleep in the nightclubs overnight because the public transport ground to a halt. It definitely was a cold March from memory but other than that snow event midmonth nothing else really sticks out.