Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

New multi-model worldwide model viewer now available as a Beta release

Paul

Posted

I said we'd look at it and we will, I have already identified the issue, and given you a workaround which you can use for now if you want. I don't know what more I can say beyond that. 

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Thunderstorms,
On 24/04/2023 at 14:18, Paul said:

@Met4Cast - we've put a fix in for the Safari bug you've been seeing, please could you take a look when you get the chance, and let me know if it's working better for you now?

Yup all sorted now, working great! Thank you.

• Like 1

Posted
1 hour ago, Met4Cast said:

Yup all sorted now, working great! Thank you.

@Paul Actually, it does still happen but far less frequently. Before it was every single time, now it seems almost random, having trouble deliberately replicating it though so not sure I can offer much in the way of helpful information there!

Posted
3 minutes ago, Met4Cast said:

@Paul Actually, it does still happen but far less frequently. Before it was every single time, now it seems almost random, having trouble deliberately replicating it though so not sure I can offer much in the way of helpful information there!

Thanks, very odd. We'll have another look to try and stamp it out completely.

• Like 1

Posted

Nice update just went live with a bunch of improvements, bug fixes and updates. 

We now have another background map option on there - world imagery:

Could contain: Land, Nature, Outdoors, Sea, Water

• Fixed some labelling issues, where on some maps they weren't showing west of the meridian line. We've also thinned out the labels as you zoom out, to improve performance. 
  • The country outlines were a bit too lo-res on the hires models when zoomed into the UK, so we've updated those to use the same ones as on the radar. 
  • Added a notification as a new model run is available, which is particularly useful when on mobile through the app. 
  • Added zoom in/out buttons on desktop and tablet - @The PIT 
  • Improved labelling on the 2m temp maps for temperatures > 30c
  • Added an additional fix for the weird safari behaviour on changing models etc - @Met4Cast
  • Added a fix in for the possible Samsung browser height issue (we couldn't recreate this on the Samsung simulator, but have added a delay in checking the height, as that browser has been known to not give correct height info immediately on load) - @Mapantz
  • Plus a bunch of other minor updates and fixes

Thanks for the bug reports and feedback up to now, please shout if you see other issues or have any thoughts to share. 

• Thanks 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Reinstalled the app, but still the buttons aren't visible. Also, tapping 'Radar' from the side menu isn't doing anything.

Posted

We'll have to look again, although it's tricky as Samsung's own simulator doesn't even show that happening. You're not running any add-ons in the browser are you?

I've seen the issue with the menu. Will fix it tomorrow.

Posted

Nice updates! The weird behaviour with the mouse grabbing everytime I changed the chart parameters hasn't happened so I think that bug is fixed!

One I've noticed is that using the screenshot function doesn't seem to include the temperature colour shading, only the contours. e.g

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Atlas, Diagram, Person

It can be a little slow to move the map around etc too although given this is an alpha release, no real complaints about that!

Edited by Met4Cast
  • Like 1

Posted

Thanks @Met4Cast, good to hear the mouse thing is sorted. 

Strange one with the screenshots, looks possibly like a safari thing, so we'll dig into that.

In terms of performance, I  think we may have gone 2 steps forward and one step back with this batch of updates. We made some nice improvements to the contours and labels performance wise, but have possibly introduced a bug or two which have hurt it in other areas. We're definitely very focused on that side of things though, and will get to the bottom of it.

• Like 1

Posted

Just had a look at the updated alpha version. Thanks for the zoom in/out buttons, although using Safari on my Macbook I found that three fingers on the trackpad did the job as well. 

I would like to see an option to step through the frames every 6 or 12 hours (assuming there isn't one or I've missed it - not an impossible scenario in my senior years), because once I get the gist of a pressure/pptn pattern it is nice to skip a few frames rather than wait for the software to draw the graphics for the intermediate hours. I can press the forward button rapidly which has a similar effect, but this is more for my personal convenience. 

But overall, I can fault it. Well done to all involved. 

• Thanks 1

Posted

Good to hear you're getting on well with it @Obese John. We don't have the option to change the time steps on there currently, but it's a good suggestion so I'll add it to the list. Meantime, have you tried using the slider much? It should be a decent way to move through the frames a bit more quickly.

Posted

We've just pushed an update live which should improve the performance when scrolling and zooming on the map, particularly when there are contours displayed. 

• Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Still no colour scales on the map and doesn't scale well on widescreen 3440 x 1440 hence the scroll bar is often the bottom of the screen or if you scroll down the chart selection is off the top of the screen.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted

Just want to say thank you for the continued development and the work you put in @Paul, I know I've often been critical about certain things in the past but it really is appreciated! 

• Thanks 1

Posted
4 hours ago, Met4Cast said:

Just want to say thank you for the continued development and the work you put in @Paul, I know I've often been critical about certain things in the past but it really is appreciated! 

Thanks, appreciated 🙂

We've an update hopefully going live this pm, which'll introduce a gridded labelling option (in the settings menu bottom left).

Could contain: Chart, Plot, Map, Outdoors, Nature, Sea, Water

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme

Now fits wide screen 3440 x 1440 just needs scales being available and bingo.

• Like 1

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Has it broke? I'm not getting any maps from any model, both desktop and mobile.

Posted

Quite a big update just went live. It's mostly backend stuff which has involved a change of engine and big rewrite - you should see some improvements in terms of performance when moving around / zooming in and out of the map etc. It should also have cleared any possible bugs relating to grid lines showing on the maps at times. 

With such a big change, there's every chance new bugs will have been introduced, so please shout if you spot any issues. One known issue currently is that the wind streams aren't showing, we'll get those re-added soon. 

• Like 1