Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The Spanish plume event of August 31st 2005.

Hello all. 

There are quite a few thunderstorm events for which there has been very little written about that I have been looking to try to do more research about. One of them was the August 31 2005 severe thunderstorm event over Ireland, particularly west central Ireland around the Limerick city/shannon region. It was one of the most violent thunderstorm events that I recall in Ireland, in terms of the very heavy rain and some of the loudest thunder I had ever heard. 

I have not been able to find much regarding this event, just the convective forecast that was issued by estofex that day in which a slight risk of severe thunderstorms was issued for Great Britain and eastern Ireland. 

Of interest to me was that it was a mainly afternoon and evening event, as opposed to a lot of the elevated nocturnal Spanish plume events. The estofex convective outlook mentioned that the focus of severe thunderstorms was more on eastern Ireland, but where I live just outside of Limerick city, and particularly the Shannon region was subject to violent thunderstorms for much of that afternoon, and I would be particularly interested to know why specifically that region got the bulk of those storms? 

Things really started to get going after about 1:30 pm and lasted through about 4 pm. 

There were a few other things that were mentioned in the estofex outlook. “Models show deepening low pressure system moving from northern bay of biscay to southeastern Ireland”. Perhaps that might have played a role? 

Unfortunately, I am fully blind so will not be able to see any weather charts that might be posted, so I will need them described to me. https://www.estofex.org/forecasts/outlook/html/200508311030cf.html

• Like 4