Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Need Help On The Site/forum?

Paul

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
2 minutes ago, Paul said:

There shouldn't be issues on any browser like that really. The chat room is out of our control unfortunately as it's hosted on invisions side. 

Thanks Paul for your reply, I don't even know what unresponsive script means but it freezes my Macbook. I am using Fire fox at the moment.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sun, sleet, Snow
6 minutes ago, Paul said:

Firefox ought to be fine. Perhaps try clearing your browser cache just in case it's something in there causing a problem. 

Thanks again for your help.

Posted

Since the last session of maintenance I get messages about a text editor and sometimes a doble post. Notebook running KitKat.

Any ideas?

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warehamwx.co.uk

Well, I've only noticed it today to be fair. I haven't used the charts/radar on my phone for a few weeks now, just the PC. I renewed my subscription today, then noticed that the radar logged out when it tried to update, as I was logged on to via the phone. I checked this, as had my phone in my hand while I logged back in via the PC, and sure enough, on the radar update, the phone logged out.

Posted

Another strange occurrence happening, I was looking at the GFS charts, about halfway through the run and then I opened a separate tab up with the radar, when I flicked back to the GFS to click the next 3 hours, the image fails to load. I have to refresh the page to show the chart images again. I don't know if this has anything to do with not being able to be logged in across multiple devices at the same time or not?

Could this be something to do with having an ipv6 address?

Edited by Mapantz

Posted
3 hours ago, Paul said:

We've tweaked the system to make sure it plays more nicely with ipv6, are you able to stay logged in a bit better now?

Unfortunately not, Paul. I can only be logged in on one device at a time. If it is IP related, Could it be due to the fact that each device has it's own ipv6 address, despite being on the same network?

Posted
Just now, Paul said:

Yes, that'd be it - the only way it can track the login is through the ip. 

Saying that, the IP would change when being on 3G/4G, I don't remember it logging me out on each device in the past.

The ipv6 address can't be changed so that two devices have the same external IP address, unlike ipv4, as it is the device that sets the IP address.I guess everyone will have this issue now that the UK is moving over to ipv6?

Posted

It's not a standard thing at this point, but is something we may need to look at going forward. That said though, without locking it down to an ip, it would allow the sharing of accounts etc, which is why the system is designed this way. 

Posted
58 minutes ago, Paul said:

It's not a standard thing at this point, but is something we may need to look at going forward. That said though, without locking it down to an ip, it would allow the sharing of accounts etc, which is why the system is designed this way. 

I've just had a massive technical argument with BT involving ipv6, as i've delved a bit deeper. BT (like Sky) are dual stacking ipv4 and ipv6, until ipv4 is turned off completely in the future. I asked, why is it then, that there is no option to either assign the same ipv6 address to multiple devices, or even turn off ipv6 on the router (Home Hub 6) like you can in your PC ethernet settings (you can switch back to an ipv4 address if dual stacked)

They've told me that there is an issue in their latest firmware which stops you being able to do this currently, and they are in the middle of rolling out a new firmware to fix this. So in the mean time, they are sending me a Home Hub 4 to tie me over until the firmware is rolled out to my Home Hub 6. I can't really complain at that, as i'm getting something for free.

Let's hope they don't switch ipv4 off in a years time?! sarcastic.gif

Edited by Mapantz
  • Like 1

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield

getting rid of the damn quote box. I've cleared the editor but next time I go on the same thread the last quote re-appears. how do I kill it forever.

Posted
4 minutes ago, sorepaw1 said:

Sorry to post hear but I think there could be a virus on this site... I keep getting. 

Rats:!!! Web GL NEEDS TO UPDATE. 

I only get it on this website..

Very sorry mods to post it here but I didn't know what else to do.

I love this site and have been a member for a  few years now.

I presume you're using Chrome? If so, that's an issue with the browser, not the site.

Go to Chrome settings, scroll down to 'show advanced settings'
Scroll down to 'System' and uncheck  'Use hardware acceleration when available' - restart Chrome.