Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

25th-31st August 03

Andy Bown

Posted

I would say yes !!

On the Welsh regional forecast (which just about fits in Gloucestershire on the map) the rainfall radar image showed bright yellow and even red echoes of rain for southeast Wales and the west Midlands - so you're in luck I think

Still dry here though - pretty cloudy & dark - wind pickin up, 16.5C

Main rain band seems to have buckled right across Northern and Central England & Wales........

WB

Posted

rain didn't start until 1am last night here.

RAINFALL TOTALS

Cardiff 17mm

Milford Haven 21mm

Maesteg (me) only 6mm

Bright & breezy here this morning :)

WB

Posted

HERE A VERY HEAVY SQUALLY SHOWER JUST PAST OVER BROMSGROVE WORCSTERSHIRE LOOKS LIKE MORE ON THE WAY.I'M HOPING FOR A CRACK OR 2 OF THUNDER WITH THESE OTHERS.

Guest Phil_Uk

Might be the one that we had over in Birmingham just under an hour ago Stormguy. If it is, then expect another one of the same intensity in the next half hour. Looking at the sky as a whole in general, there are some massive cumulus around, and a fair few are showing lines of precipitation from their bases. I'll be quite surprised if I, or anyone else on this site doesn't hear at least one crack of thunder from these showers today.

Phil.

Posted

Aggreed, I have had a couple of showers from these cumulus today.

I reckon that many people will probably hear a crack or two of thunder today.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Dangerous

18c at the moment quite warm actually. Some nice bubbling cumulus around hopefully these will develop further :)

Posted

Quite nice here now.

A good deal of blue skies, just a few harmless white & fluffy cumulus clouds around 16.7C. Not really expecting a shower tho....

WB

Posted

17.3C and clouds :) i had a storm yesterday night whit winds near 90km/h and whit a lot of rain and thunder :)

Posted

Min of 11c last night and a lot of rain too.

Rain cleared by lunchtime since when it's been breezy with sunny spells. Some excellent cumulus in the distance but no showers here.

Max of 18c.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

16C here sunny all day reached 19C