Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Current Conditions 07/03/03

R.P. McMurphy

Posted

don't u mean 7th? :D

Anyway!

Wind from the S (190 degrees) at 9 MPH (8 KT)

Visibility greater than 7 mile(s)

Sky conditions mostly cloudy

Temperature 44 F (7 C)

Dew Point 39 F (4 C)

Relative Humidity 81%

Pressure (altimeter) 29.83 in. Hg (1010 hPa)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temp: 8°C

Activity: Dry

Cloud: Nimbostratus, Cumulonimbus

By the way I didnt realise Glenn was living in a different timezone :wink:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Summer: warm, humid, thundery. Winter: mild, stormy, some snow.

Temperature: 8°C

Activity: Heavy rain/hail/sleet/thunder

Cloud: Cumulonimbus/nimbostratus

CAPE: 100j/kg

Posted

Make up your mind Stephen, what's it doing on the Wirral? It can't be hail/sleet and rain altogether.

It's raining here, don't you think it's far too warm for sleet and hail? and Ive not heard any thunder and I am only a few miles from you. :?

Posted

1. In particularly heavy falls sleet and hail can fall together when temperatures are 8°C

2. There was thunder - I was listening for it

Posted

yes, I've seen sleet and hail together...but not rain aswell, no need to be so defensive, I wasn't having a go at you, just being a bit cheeky, you know, like you supposedly were when you sent me that snotty private message?

Anyway, it's coming down in torrents now...rain, nothing else here. Still no sign of thunder...wouldn't mind though, quite like a good thunderstorm :wink:

Hello Everyone

Although the weather is interesting to me I don't have special kit or things like that to give you professional details.

I can tell you that it's really windy, raining very hard and really quite chilly (so much so I have put the heating on).

Posted

Just started to rain here

Temp:10°C 50°F

Wind: 22mph/S

Humidity:76%

Barometer:1016mb

Posted

Sun's out now in Cheshire & it's absolutely glorious at the moment. Think it's all about to change though as there are some very dark clouds looming. Can anyway tell me which direction to wind is blowing in and what the wind chill factor is as it feels quite warm until there is a gust of wind and then the wind feels really quite icy. Ta.

Posted

The winds are from the SW - there is a few hefty showers coming your way possibly thundery and wintry

Posted

Yes, I can see that you are right. It is looking really wintry and dark at the front of where I work. I have had the windows open to get some air in but I am going to have to close them now as in the past few minutes the temperature has really dropped and wind is icy. How come temperatures are able to drop so rapidly as opposed to a gentle decline? What causes such sudden changes? :?

Posted

Well the cold front has passsed that is going to drag down cold air anyhow - I think the fact that the massive low is from a cold source and that the air is so unstable dragging down cold air from the upper atmosphere

Posted

MSL be prepared for thunder - I can see that cloud its very very black and go an overshooting top - possible tornadic although im right in thinking it is moving away though a might be wrong

Posted

Cor, blooming hec Ste, you weren't wrong. No thunder as yet...but goodness me have the heavens opened. The wind is blowing a right gale too. Ever so bizarre though, whilst this really black cloud is above us at present, I can see glorious bright blue on one edge., I wish you could see it actually. Where I am sat, one half of my window shows awful black cloud and the other half shows blue sky. It has gone really really cold though. The weather never ceases to amaze me, it brings such changes so fast. To have gone from blue skies and sunshine to that in a matter of minutes is mad.

Posted

Wow on there is a really black cloud on the horizon i think its comeing towards me its like yours MSL but it can't be the same one does anyone think that there could be a thunderstorm i hope so im getting alot of thunderstorms lately :D:D:D:D:D:D:):)8)8)

Posted

MSL did you hear that thunder - did you just get tthunder - i just heard thunder :D