IGNORED

Storm Reports 01st September 05

tornadomanuk

Posted

Moderate rain been falling for about half an hour with very grey skies towards the W/SW

One small rumble of thunder heard, seemed to be way up in the clouds above me and just crackled for a bit then stopped.

No lightning visable, but rain slowing off now :(

Unusal, because thunder wasn't forcast today, but 100% sure it was!

No more thunder has been heard since

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
Moderate rain been falling for about half an hour with very grey skies towards the W/SW

One small rumble of thunder heard, seemed to be way up in the clouds above me and just crackled for a bit then stopped.

No lightning visable, but rain slowing off now :)

Unusal, because thunder wasn't forcast today, but 100% sure it was!

No more thunder has been heard since

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Could have been some very localised strong updraughts that slightly exarcebated an otherwise 'weak' cell.

BTW - Are u sure the sound wasn't somebody closing their garage door\industrial noises, etc? :(

Posted
Could have been some very localised strong updraughts that slightly exarcebated an otherwise 'weak' cell.

BTW - Are u sure the sound wasn't somebody closing their garage door\industrial noises, etc?  :(

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Im very sure it was a weak crackling of thunder, I was outside and it was one of those distant crackles right above me, seemed way up in the clouds, but I'm sure it was

There wasn't any sferic for the shower down here, but looking on metoffice radar there was a small patch of showers.

Archived