Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Autumn & Winter

Theme: Autumn & Winter

Closing date: 30th March 2006

As many entries as you wish, however all photos must be taken by yourself.

Could we do one?

Something like a monthly comp with a new subject each month , 3 weeks to submit and a week to vote? the winner could pick the next subject, water, ice, plants etc?

I would have set one up but I have no idea how to do a poll/voting type thing.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Posted
Could we do one?

Something like a monthly comp with a new subject each month , 3 weeks to submit and a week to vote?  the winner could pick the next subject, water, ice, plants etc?

I would have set one up but I have no idea how to do a poll/voting type thing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We do something similar on my painting forum.... different theme each month, and it works well. I think it's a great idea Mr H :angry:

Posted
Ok, pick a subject Wibs or Lou and lets give it a go, the voting shouldn't be difficult with only 3 of us :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Autumn . Well at least I have got the chance of being in the top 3 :D :lol:

Autumn .  Well at least I have got the chance of being in the top 3 :D   :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ok, autumn it is :)

Closing date 6th of november? that would give us just over 3 weeks to submit our fantastic pictures.

Hopefully the voting won't take long :lol: :D

Anybody else want to have a go?

Submit your Autumn pic by close of play on the 6th of november to win a fantastic prize*

The winner of this round will pick the next subject :rolleyes:

Rules:

The pictures MUST have been taken by you.

Each person may submit up to 3 images.

*This is a lie, there is no prize*

Posted

Ohh goody. this is where I can finally win something :rolleyes: Joke,,,but one problem is some people have an advantage over other people if they live in a particular area such as a village where you can get really good pics. So that must be taken into consideration when it comes to voting.

Posted
Ohh goody. this is where I can finally win something :rolleyes:   Joke,,,but one problem is some people have an advantage over other people if they live in a particular area such as a village where you can get really good pics. So that must be taken into consideration when it comes to voting.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes good point, i live near a town so few trees, and photo ops for most things :lol:

:D But i am always searching for new things to photograph.

Posted
Do they have to be taken while the competition is running, or can I use ones from last year... or the year before etc.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they should be fairly recent :lol:

No sneaking pictures in out of our archives :rolleyes:

Do they have to be taken while the competition is running, or can I use ones from last year... or the year before etc.?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Ideally taken for the comp but as some people will find it difficult to travel to locations to get pics etc I don't think it really matters, the main thing is the person submitting the picture has taken it :rolleyes:

Posted
The moderating team have very kindly agreed to pick a selection of pictures to go through to the voting stage once the final entry date has passed :rolleyes:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

hurrah, now where's that squirrel!

Posted

Ok, taken today. After all the recent rain, mushrooms and toadstools are popping up everywhere :blink:

fungus1.jpg

Posted

great picture,

you are right, they are popping up everywhere, I noticed some in the cracks on the kerb stones at the the end of my road, not sure if I can get a pic without getting run over :blink:

Posted

autumnred1.jpg

Taken today on a dog walking session. Not so easy to do when the dog sees a cat and starts pulling when you press the button :blink:

Posted

Taken last night

Nice autumn sunset, after a horrid murky day, we had the most lovely sunset, today back to grey and murky :blink:

post-164-1129292188_thumb.jpg

Archived