Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Storm Reports - Tue 8th November

rob-lancs

Posted
Although I havnt heard anything, Plymouth airport is reporting Thunder.

Not surprising considering the amount of rain we've had here over the past hour and half.

Anyone else to report?

Yep - atrocious weather in the west country. Just been on the phone to my other half who is on a train which left Exeter 30 mins ago. They have had to slow to a crawl because of driving torrential rain and winds, and she reports water coming through the roof of the First Great Western carriage :)

Posted

The Student Union Shop flooded here and they were expecting the weight of the water coming through the ceiling to bring it down, I'll update on this when I return from my next venture there after 6.

Posted

Drove back from Warwick to Birmingham along the M40/M42 this evening at 5pm, torrential rain for most of the way including a single fork of lightning just south of J3 of the M42. Couldn't hear any thunder over the sound of the pounding rain.

Posted

No sooner had I shut down the computer at about 17.35 then there was a loud crash of thunder. In the next 10 minutes (as I was driving to the football club) there were 2 flashes just to the North. The rain was extreme for 5 minutes before the lightning and there was some flash flooding in the town centre (which is lower than most of the rest of the town). Thankfully the rain eased by 18.00 and the football pitch, having resembled a lake, was playable by 19.30 :rolleyes: .