Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

7th September 2006: Partial Lunar Eclipse At Moonrise

Posted

Wait a minute Wibs, that looks suspiciously like the same moon Louby photographed earlier. You should be ashamed.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

A fine set of photo's guys! I shalln't shame myself with my efforts but little Jamie will have a better idea of what he missed from your shots (especially the blood moon one)

I remember another partial in, maybe Aug 89, from location in Hulme (central manchester) which had a similar blood like outershadow.

EDIT: Ta Louby!

Edited by Gray-Wolf

Posted

Stunning pics people :D from a stunning natural evening.

I went up on the White Horse Hill where the sunset was awesome and the eclipsed moonrise equally so!

I do wonder about some people's education/knowledge though ; a woman walking her dog asked why so many people were up there. On being told about the partial lunar eclipse she said "What's it eclipsed by?" :angry:

Took pics of the sunset and the moon as well as a few OON might like (hehehe). Going to create a thread in the photography area :) .

Posted
source?

BBC news a few days ago, an exploratory satellite was purposefully crashed onto the moon and it sent up a big cloud of dust. The dust cloud was visible early in the partial eclipse period. I was talking with some guys while we were watching it and we agreed that's what the hazy appearance was - in addition to the obvious earth shadow. And if we were wrong I don't really care, it wouldn't take away from the evening's enjoyment!

Posted
BBC news a few days ago, an exploratory satellite was purposefully crashed onto the moon and it sent up a big cloud of dust. The dust cloud was visible early in the partial eclipse period. I was talking with some guys while we were watching it and we agreed that's what the hazy appearance was - in addition to the obvious earth shadow. And if we were wrong I don't really care, it wouldn't take away from the evening's enjoyment!
Glad you enjoyed it, because I can assure you, you were wrong!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I had no idea there was a lunar eclipse tonight. Coincidentally I took some pics of the moon just because it was orange, I thought to shaded bit was cloud :angry:

If I had know it was a lunar eclipse I would have had the tripod out and got better pics but here's one I took:

post-3392-1157672040_thumb.jpg

Posted

I'd forgotten all about it until I saw the moon rise at the back of my garden. Ran off a few quick shots of it, though nothing special:-

post-203-1157708521_thumb.jpg

post-203-1157708449.jpg

post-203-1157708462_thumb.jpg