Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heatwave then snow: September 1919

Weather-history

Posted

The opposite thing happened in the build up to the 1976 heat wave, my auntie & uncle told me that the last week of May it was -4 celsius, and the day they got married in the 1st week of June it was 80 farenheit! :D:D:D

• 13 years later...
  • 11 months later...
Posted
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL
  • Weather Preferences: Cold weather - frost or snow
  • Location: Ashbourne,County Meath,about 6 miles northwest of dublin airport. 74m ASL

Must have been an interesting autumn.  Wasn't November 1919 one of the coldest of the 20th century? 

Edited by sundog

• 11 months later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Cold winters and cool summers.
On 05/09/2022 at 15:40, sundog said:

Must have been an interesting autumn.  Wasn't November 1919 one of the coldest of the 20th century? 

The autumn is the coldest on record or at least of the 21st century. November 1919 wasn’t the coldest of the century but ranks amongst the coldest. I think the coldest is November 1925. There were an unusual frequency of extremely cold Novembers in the 1910s and 1920s and most of them were followed by mild Decembers.

• Like 3

Posted
6 hours ago, LetItSnow! said:

The autumn is the coldest on record or at least of the 21st century. November 1919 wasn’t the coldest of the century but ranks amongst the coldest. I think the coldest is November 1925. There were an unusual frequency of extremely cold Novembers in the 1910s and 1920s and most of them were followed by mild Decembers.

Nov 1925 was pretty cold with a CET of 3.6 but I think you meant Nov 1915, which had an astonishing CET of 2.8C.. the anti-Nov 2015 😅. The winter that followed was exceptionally mild though, January had a vile CET of 7.6C... 

On topic, Sep 1919 looks fascinating.. from one extreme to another. Wouldn't mind something similar to happen this autumn.