Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

IPCC Group II

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy
GW(not Global Warming!)

They were sound comments that I referred to by, at the time, the leading meteorologists and climatologists, who sincerely believed that a 'mini Ice Age' was a real possibility.

It is also true that we are, either on the edge of or actually in an expected so called Ice Age, albeit not at all noticeable due to the overriding GW that is occurring. Bit contradictory I know but then so much of both meteorology and climatology, in my 40 years experience as a professional, is just that.

An open mind but with all of us doing our bit to help alleviate GW and also to pressurise our politicians to get off their pontificating backside and prepare the world for what is virtually certain to happen to many many millions due to GW.

John

John, I was in no way attempting to belittle the work of people in our recent past, they did their best with the information to hand back then. The introduction of broader measurements/understandings of the climate system moves us towards a less opaque understanding of not just how things have, and do, hang together so far as our complex ecosystem is concerned. The better we understand it (the ecosystem) as a 'system' ,the better we can understand the pressures we are applying to it and the better then our potential to model probable outcomes of those 'pressures'.

The focus on medium/long term impact of CO2 emmissions seems to have 'drawn the focus' of atmospheric scientists from the 50's thru 60's to (apparently) ignore the impact of particulate/aerosol impacts on the atmosphere (and their potential to reduce sunlight 'strength') in favour of the 'demon' CO2 whilst the data sets showing the effects of particulates/aerosols reimed out around them.