Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

RTE weather forecasts archived and online

Posted

Hi....This will primarily be of interest to Irish contributers but all weather broadcasts are being archived and are available to view on the RTE website at www.rte.ie/news. Just click on the news program you want on the right and scroll down to the weather forecast and press play. I think it is archived back to 1999. To change the date just use the calendar on the left hand side. For example here is tonights - http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0608/6news_av....257029,null,230

Ive been using this the last few weeks and find it very useful :)

Posted

http://www.rte.ie/news/6news/

Its archived from here. Weather forcasts are always at the bottom. Use the calendar on the left hand side to change to the date you want.

You need RealPlayer to play the clips. www.real.com Hope that helps. :drinks:

Posted

Come to think of it Kippure.........do you remember the date of the three day thunderstorm and snow in Dublin and Wicklow some years back? That was amazing and I would like to see the forcast. I think it was in October. :lol: B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Sunshine, convective precipitation, snow, thunderstorms, "episodic" months.

Sounds an excellent idea. It'd be good if the BBC etc. relaxed copyright restrictions on old forecasts and made things like that available.

I say that because potential lost revenue caused by people getting copies of things for free that they might otherwise have paid for is the main reason for copyrighting things- and as a general rule, things like old weather forecasts are highly unlikely to be potential sources of revenue.

Posted
Sounds an excellent idea. It'd be good if the BBC etc. relaxed copyright restrictions on old forecasts and made things like that available.

I say that because potential lost revenue caused by people getting copies of things for free that they might otherwise have paid for is the main reason for copyrighting things- and as a general rule, things like old weather forecasts are highly unlikely to be potential sources of revenue.

Hi TWS,

It is one of the major disappointments of the BBC website in that video is not properly archived and not as easily accessible as it is on RTE's new site (they were worse then the BEEB before). Though they have stole a march now and I hope the BBC offers a proper, easily accessible archived service - though I understand your point about copyright. However the video's are there on the BBC website - you just have to go through what can only be described as the medievil search method to get it. Which is annoying. Also the BBC dont archive forcasts at all on website. I agree with you and dont really see any harm in achiving things like weather bulletins that are easily accessible - though to the majority of people there are other video items more worthy of proper archiving. I very rarely praise RTE but their website is superb :)

Edited by Darkman