Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Heavy rain/storms Friday 20th - Saturday 21st

Posted
  • Location: Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire, England. 108.7m ASL

thunder and lighting increasing all the while here. IOW sferic is too far south to pick up alot of these strikes to the north i think. Thunder beinmg reported in northants and coventry area also!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms
Storm in full swing here now. Seems very close - frequent claps of thunder & flashes of lightning, rain becoming more severe. Fascinating stuff.

Good stuff. Storm appears to have gone through Luton, Milton Keynes and now Northampton so appears to following the M1!

If it keeps its energy then it should get somewhere just to my east - EM Airport maybe. I'll keep a watch. 8)

Posted

suddenly started to brighten up now, looks like the sun may make an appearance shortly 8)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

The wind has picked up here, as the system wraps around its self there is a convergence zone visible on radar I think, the line of convergence is straight toward me I think 8) I am off out to look for twisters as I haven't seen one for a couple of weeks 8)

Regards.

Russ.

Ill let you know how it pans out in the new thread.

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted
Torrential rain is sweeping across the UK, with flash floods leaving some homes waterlogged and schools closed.

In south Northamptonshire, the villages of Syresham and Helmdon - where the junior school has been evacuated - have been worst affected.

More: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6907316.stm

Posted
holy crap, we just got the loudest thunder i've ever heard. The lighing was a brilliant blue, huge CG positive strike i think. The explosions were so loud the double glazed windows actually moved in and out with the shockwaves of the thunder 8) Damn,nearly crapped my pants!!!

Exactly what happened to me last night, Snow Joke - apart from the 'nearly'!! 8)

Regards,

Mike.

P.S. rain v. heavy here now.