Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

'Mini-tornado' In barra

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/highla...nds/6917167.stm

BBC link about it.

I never knew anything about it there was heavy showers and 12mph gusts in casltebay it must have been somewhere on the west side of the island it seems interesting anyway.

They are everywhere these days :whistling:

Have you reported it to http://essl.org/ESWD/ ?

I presume you are as disgusted with the word mini being included as I am :unsure:

Regards,

Russ

Lol Flagpole!!

Edited by Rustynailer

Posted

that's funny ,my daughter was fishing today on lewis and said she saw a tornado ,i asked for details .it was over the moor so no damage done i think ,will not use the word mini ,it was on lewis towards the west side ,

the chap who was with them was cursing he didn't have a camera

Posted
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
  • Location: Stewartstown (51m asl) , N.Ireland. (In Dazzling Dazza Land)
Cue the whinging about the term 'mini tornado' :)

Oh bugger *crosses arms in disappointment*

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow , thunderstorms and wind

Congratulations Weathermaster.

Well done

Posted

Nice spot weather master!

that's funny ,my daughter was fishing today on lewis and said she saw a tornado ,i asked for details .it was over the moor so no damage done i think ,will not use the word mini ,it was on lewis towards the west side ,

the chap who was with them was cursing he didn't have a camera

Im sure I saw a small tornado today when I was on my way to work, looked like it was comeing from you side of the island milkmaid.

Thanks everyone

I knew the clouds yesterday where clouds i never seen before also the rain was really heavy but only lasted 10 minutes and cleared up into sun also the tornado or waterspout headed up to skye or up north and meet cookie on his way to work B)

Posted
Thanks everyone

I knew the clouds yesterday where clouds i never seen before also the rain was really heavy but only lasted 10 minutes and cleared up into sun also the tornado or waterspout headed up to skye or up north and meet cookie on his way to work B)

lol doubt it was the same one, but I never ever seen clouds the dark before. they where very meancing B)

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

We get a lot on and around the Solent. I am told this is because, the island sticks out sharp, so it causes more turbulence than just land that goes on and on, this is only hearsay I must add. Although as you are on an island, plus Cookie and Milkmaids reports it makes me think that maybe there is something in that story.

Anyway, great news to read about the outbreak of Tartan twisters B) hope you have a camera handy next time.

Regards,

Russ.

Posted

Why use the word Mini-tornado i never know? Tornados weather big or small are mesured by a scale of F1 F2 etc but not words like mini or small. Come on BBC you can do better.

Posted

i'm disappionted now

just spoke to my husband ,who said yes i saw it ,

daughter saw it ,cookie saw it ,i lived in portsmouth for years never saw one ,now we have one here and i didn't see it ,no chance of any others today is there

I dont think we will get another one it just depends on how the temp is and humidity is and wind speed to get one and these days where perfect for one.

Also thats interesting rustynailer but do you think the same thing happens to the western isles?