Thunder?
Local
Radar
Hot?
IGNORED

Lesjaskog: Summer to winter

• 4 weeks later...
Posted
Substantial snowfalls over my way in the last 2 days.

A thread on TWO:

http://theweatheroutlook.com/twocommunity/...ms/t/13550.aspx

Hope it's okay to post the link. I have been very busy (mostly digging!) and haven't the time to duplicate threads. :)

They are just incredible photos, our country would come to a standstill with that amount, thanks for sharing.

Les

Posted
How many cm of snow fall every year here?

Thousands as far as i know, you'll see as the winter goes on! the mind really does boggle though! :cray:

Posted

The winter snowfall varies from year to year depending if it is high pressure dominated or if it is unsettled with a W'ly type pattern. Generally, the winter snowfall amount (October to late April) is between 800cm and 1500cm.

Anyway, some very severe weather is heading my way with blizzards and substantial accumulations likely in the next 2 days with further but lighter snowfalls expected later through the coming week.

Temperatures varying between -10c and -3c by day.

Updates can be viewed from my site and photos will be posted there in the slideshow 'Winter So far'.

Had over 130cm of snowfall this month and another 100+cm is possible in the next 48hrs.

Posted

the totals seem mind boggling to those of us used to mm's, 1-2cm if we are lucky.

have a great time in the snow and keep the piccs and reports coming, at least the site can drool over what you have.

Posted

*Cries massive tears*

Why's the live streaming off? I love watching that. Sat for hours watching last winter.

Edited by *Stormforce~beka*

Posted

Evening all. Yes, some whiteout conditions at the moment and the heaviest is due later tonight I think.[ :) ]

The stream is off again now; I wanted to upload a few snaps and to ease the load of my CPU etc.

I will put it on again later tonight after I have surfed the models etc.

I will report the snow amounts later after I take my next observation. My path is blocked and I can't get to my poles etc atm.

From this afternoon:-

071125NearBuriedCabin.jpg

071125SnowAroundCabin.jpg

071125Texaco.jpg

071125SnowyDay.jpg

071125JamesInDeepSnow.jpg

071125IncreasingSnowDepths.jpg

071125HeavySnowfall.jpg

071125DeepNovemberSnow.jpg

071125CaravansInSnow.jpg

I had my boy today and so I spent time with him skiing etc. But I will take more tomorrow and the best will be later through the week after skies and visibility clear. But more snow is also likely...

Edited by Nordic Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, thunder, strong winds

Woah, those pictures are amazing. There's so much snow there that I think even I wouldn't want it quite that deep! :)

Posted

Most of us can only dream about that amount of snow and we probably often do. What a great place to live, to say I'm green with envy is a massive understatement. I really do feel like calling you lots of names having seen those pix, none of them very pleasant.... Only joking :)

Posted
Do you ever get fed-up having that much snow, as its probably never a suprise or a one-off like it is here.?

Hi all. No... I never get fed up. It can snow heavily day after day and month after month and it will be just fine by me :o :D Snow was 99% of the reason why I uprooted and came here. Now that shows how obsessive I am with snow and cold :rolleyes::)

Edited by Nordic Snowman

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot sunny , cold and snowy, thunderstorms
Hi all. No... I never get fed up. It can snow heavily day after day and month after month and it will be just fine by me :o :D Snow was 99% of the reason why I uprooted and came here. Now that shows how obsessive I am with snow and cold :rolleyes::)

Great pictures, I would be like you, I never get fed up of all that snow.

You lucky lucky bar-steward.