Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Ben nevis and the Co-op

Cookie

Posted

three people are going from the co-op I work at and others from other co-ops, to climb ben nevis to raise funds for a charity.

I was woundering if thier was anything wather forcasts you can get for nevis?

its for th 18/9/07

also woundering what the weather might be like for those few days? also is it to early yet for snow?

thanks rick :yahoo:

Posted

Hi mate,

www.mwis.org.uk is where the best forecast is, nothing comparable to it in terms of accuracy and detail. The 18th is a bit far away to do a detailed forecast for low ground never mind the mountains, so i would just look at that site every day as well as the 3day forecast as it gives you an outlook which is useful.

It is never too early for snow, one thing about climbing mountains is that pretty much any type of weather can happen at any time of the year, so always be prepared!

As a side note, at this time of year low cloud and fog will more than likely be the main problems with the weather! (Well i suppose that is true for Nevis all year :yahoo: )

Hope that helps :yahoo:

Posted

Good stuff, navigating is always the main problem so make sure you know how to navigate with near zero visibility. By climbing do you mean you are hiking to the top or are you climbing the cliffs with ropes etc? If you are just hiking then navigating is pretty simple until near the top as the tourists are all up there :yahoo:

Posted

this is the site for the most reliable mountain weather forecast in the UK

http://www.mwis.org.uk/mountain/EH.PDF

Geoff is an ex Met O forecaster.

Only 2-3 days ahead and certainly the one to check the day before and the morning you set off.

• 2 weeks later...