Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

The sea on a stormy day

Cat 5

Posted

I can stand and stare at the ocean for hours. It amazes me. I love the smell, the noise and the respect it demands. My brother lives in a sleepy village in Sutherland - when ever the wind picks up we go to the end of the pier and marvel at the sights.

I love gale force winds and they way the sea reacts. Whipping up the waves and smashing them against the sea / harbour wall.

Whilst growing up I have always lived by the sea, from the beautiful unspoilt beaches in Caithness to the more touristy promenades in Norfolk and Essex. These are my fondest memories. Playing on the sand dunes with golden sand is in my opinion as good as it gets for kids.

My wife and I are thinking about starting a family next year. I am currently in the middle of Scotland but in order for my kids to enjoy the best bits of my youth, I would seriously consider moving house to be near the coast. The trouble is it is hard to find any unspoilt / unpolluted beaches these days.

What are your opinions of the sea?

Cat 5

Posted

Love the sea .. my Mum and Dad moved from London to the Coast when they retired. I find it peaceful and relaxing, the sounds, smell and the way it stretches into the horizon. Maybe one day I will live by the sea .. probably not though given my finances.