Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Camara Phones

Posted

Perhaps in the wrong area, but not sure (Feel free to move if so)?

Looking to get MrsL a new phone, and the main function she is interested in is a good camara on the phone.

So wondering if anyone has any advice?

Below is a link to the phones we have a choice of, and wondering if anybody has any good experience (or bad for that matter) on the camara functions of the phones?

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/shop/mobile-phon...phones/all/all/

Ta :lol:

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

A Sony Erricson would be a pretty safe bet.

I have the K750i with 2MP camera. The pictures are good, you can view them full size on your computer screen and their still clear.

Here is an example taken on my phone.

post-3392-1195302978_thumb.jpg

The newer Sony Erricsons in that list have even better cameras, the 810i has 3.3MP and the 850i 5MP.

I've heard people complain about the small buttons on those phones though so if MrsL has nails it could be tricky :lol:

I'm thinking of getting the LG Viewty for Christmas and i've heard good things about the 5MP camera on those.

I use this website a lot, it has great reviews of the latest mobiles including consumer reviews.

http://www.mobile-phones-uk.org.uk/

Posted

I say sony ericsson too, I have the w800i which is initially a walkman, but the camera on it is great, the sony cybershot phone is fantastic according to a mate of mine who has one.

Here's a few shot taken on my phone ...

post-164-1195304743_thumb.jpgpost-164-1195304783_thumb.jpgpost-164-1195304814_thumb.jpg

Posted
I say sony ericsson too, I have the w800i which is initially a walkman, but the camera on it is great, the sony cybershot phone is fantastic according to a mate of mine who has one.

Here's a few shot taken on my phone ...

post-164-1195304743_thumb.jpgpost-164-1195304783_thumb.jpgpost-164-1195304814_thumb.jpg

i have the modle up from your the w810i with a 2.1 mp camera very good heres some examples

post-7595-1195306827_thumb.jpg

post-7595-1195306837_thumb.jpg

Posted

Thanks for you advice everyone :)

Love the piccies too by the way :)

I think the Sony Ericsson looks like the best bet. Will have to give T-Mobile a ring now, and see if they'll match three's tariff for the same plan (and also ask the buggers if they ever gave me the £100 deposit back I gave them 2 years ago!).

Posted

Ooooo...Done it. Phone should be here on Tuesday, and MrsL gets and extra 600 minutes any time any network minutes for just £5 a month more (which when you take into consideration her 'overages' on her current plan, its quite a steal :) ).

Posted

Hi, if you check out the link to my Munich Snow Pictures (in my signature) all of the snow pictures were taken using a Sony Ericsson camera phone, I think they were taken with my old k750i, some may be with my current k800i, either way i've found the Sony Ericsson phone to be unbelievably good for pictures and i'm sure you will agree when you take delivery!!

• 2 months later...
Posted

Is it still there OON?

Actually, just sorted my phone out. Trouble is, I was on a life time 1/2 price line rental deal, but due to my usage, didnt want to pay any more AND get a new phone.

Managed to get 300mins off peak, 30 text for £5 a month (It was £10, but for some reason, when I phoned back later tonight, they just dropped the price again).

Anyway, point being I managed to negotiate a free Sony Ericcson K770i. I guess its not state or the art, but does anyone have one, or know what its like?

Posted

Well you've decided now B) but I'll go against the trend and say that Miss Shoreline and I have Nokia N series and they are OK. The N73 has a 3.2 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss lens, 20X digital zoom and even a second camera for video calls and lower quality pictures. There is some picture manipulation software included on the phone and a good choice of settings when taking the actual picture - automatic, user defined, close-up, portrait, landscape, sport and night.

White balance: automatic, daylight, cloudy, tungsten, fluorescent. Colour tone: normal, sepia, B&W, vivid, negative.

Like everything, it seems that you never have a 'real' camera to hand when that elusive picture presents itself, a phone camera can be a good standby so I hope its a good one!

Edited by Coast

Posted

Ooooo - I've just got a Nokia N95 on Vodafone (300mins anytime and 500 texts per month - 18 month contract at £30 per month, first 3 months half price) - and it's got a 5 megapixel camera, which is better than my camera camera!!

Highly recommended :)

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
Ooooo - I've just got a Nokia N95 on Vodafone (300mins anytime and 500 texts per month - 18 month contract at £30 per month, first 3 months half price) - and it's got a 5 megapixel camera, which is better than my camera camera!!

Highly recommended :)

Aye Shuggs i got one but had it a week and the damn thing wont charge..!!So its away at the phone hospital..

And it has WLAN capabilities too..!!Surf the net for nowt..!! :wallbash: