Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Digital Thermometer

Cat 5

Posted

I cant believe how hard it is to get hold of one.

I would like a portable digital thermometer which gives accurate(ish) readings - trouble is I cant find one anywhere :doh:

Posted
Thank you Coast - do you find these are accurate?

We’ve used the more expensive ones at work and they are spot on. I can't vouch for the inside/outside one but I had something similar some years ago and it seemed ok.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

I've just had a look about and I can only really find the additional wireless sensors you would buy for a weather station, but youdon't need the station you could just carry the sensor around with you.

(Just noticed the ones Coast found are a bit cheeper, and maybe slightly more accurate)

Something like this.

http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/or...ic_was_sub.html

Also you can get instruments which are made for mountaineering but they've got everything on. Altimeter, barometer, weather forecast, temperature.

http://www.theoutdoorshop.com/Outdoor/Prod...p;product=25679

Edited by multi cellular thunderstorm

Posted

Have you thought about infrared thermometers such as this? Small, lightweight and very accurate. Instead of an incased semiconductor (which struggles to read amient levels correctly, i.e less airflow), it reads actual thermal on the infrared spectrum, ive found them very reliable.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
Have you thought about infrared thermometers such as this? Small, lightweight and very accurate. Instead of an incased semiconductor (which struggles to read amient levels correctly, i.e less airflow), it reads actual thermal on the infrared spectrum, ive found them very reliable.

You're back!

Good to see you again.

That link doesn't work.