Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

MEDIA REPORTS: Week ahead

cj114

Posted

Although cold after New Years day, and a little snow for the north......................they seem as much in the dark as we are!!

Possability of a little Snow for the south east on Friday. But very cold!!!??? ;)

Posted

taken from TWO LoL at the Irish tv farming forecast right now.

It's our equivalent of country file and was presented by the very lovely and competent forecaster Eveylyn cusack.

She spoke of the models (which is why I'm posting this here) and gave a good indication that they werent sure if the Atlantic would break through now at the week end.

And best of all she spoke of the possibility of snow flurries in Eastern Ireland (including Belfast) by friday.

It was good old fashioned stuff with a good map of Europe in deep blue with temps in Moscow of -9 and how this was going to influence things.

Hope this cheers everybody up rightly ,because if the Irish Met are changing their view as to what is likely over here you can bet that Britain will get better than what we are looking like.

This has certainly set the cat among the pidgeons in my view in terms of what forecasters are thinking!

Posted

After the 13:15 BBC1 Weather for the Week Ahead - News 24 forecasts are now projecting to Thursday with little Thomas this afternoon - worth a watch.

Posted
After the 13:15 BBC1 Weather for the Week Ahead - News 24 forecasts are now projecting to Thursday with little Thomas this afternoon - worth a watch.

What happened? He went a bit odd talking about measuring snow depth with metal rules and getting your hand stuck as a consequence, but then he got cut off midstream. Not a forecast he'll want to write home about, even with the vague promise of white stuff.

Posted
taken from TWO LoL at the Irish tv farming forecast right now.

It's our equivalent of country file and was presented by the very lovely and competent forecaster Eveylyn cusack.

She spoke of the models (which is why I'm posting this here) and gave a good indication that they werent sure if the Atlantic would break through now at the week end.

And best of all she spoke of the possibility of snow flurries in Eastern Ireland (including Belfast) by friday.

It was good old fashioned stuff with a good map of Europe in deep blue with temps in Moscow of -9 and how this was going to influence things.

Hope this cheers everybody up rightly ,because if the Irish Met are changing their view as to what is likely over here you can bet that Britain will get better than what we are looking like.

This has certainly set the cat among the pidgeons in my view in terms of what forecasters are thinking!

These forcasts are streamed live every day. I will post a link later ;)

As for the beeb forcast well that probrably even more ramp material.

Edited by Darkman

What happened? He went a bit odd talking about measuring snow depth with metal rules and getting your hand stuck as a consequence, but then he got cut off midstream. Not a forecast he'll want to write home about, even with the vague promise of white stuff.

It was odd.Also I must be getting old coz he looked for all the like a schoolboy today.

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

Does anybody get Central News on ITV? What a cracking forecast*

Forecast for this afternoon, around here. 11oC and a 'Heavy Snow Showers' Symbol? The actual forecast was possibilities of the ppn turning sleety over the hills. Well, why use a heavy snow shower symbol?

*Said in a sarcastic voice