Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

laptop

dogs32

Posted

Ive never owned a laptop and was wondering if you can connect abroad through wireless connection.....I dont understand the setups and are completely in the dark......I know when the storm chasers go to usa they have laptops wireless I think.

The reason for this is when I go to Spain and France this summer I will be able to track TS on web. And take pic

How does it work?

Appreciate some info.

Any comments welcome..please

Posted
Unlike secured home networks, usually when you are out and about you get the laptop to search for network connections and any nearby free Wi-fi "hotspots" should be listed. You can connect straight away as the connection is unsecure and not encrpyted - no passkey required - the downside of this being someone else could see what data you are transferring so best not to access personal data such email or accounts etc - especially as some identity thieves can set up "poisoned hotspots" for the purpose of "sniffing" the data sent by the user.

Thank you...thats given me a start to further my investigation....I only wont it to pick up satellite images when abroad..and take pics...As spain and France get some good storms...As Im abroad alot due to my job..I thought I will try and make the most of it

Edited by dogs32