Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Radar V4 Now Out Of Beta

Paul

Posted
Hi Wysi, how do you activate that option in IE7, I've not seen it before :lol:

It's on the tool bar to the right of the tabs. There is a home button then a small hand icon toggle button to the right of it on my toolbar which I think is default.

Posted

this is what mine looks like - honestly though it's no big deal - more cosmetic than a bug :lol:

post-7977-1204642149_thumb.jpg

Apparently also Alt+G will toggle it on and off.

Edited by wysiwyg

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Thunderstorms :D

The V4 Radar is brilliant :lol: I subscribed yesterday and it's a great price.Certainly worth it.I can't wait till the Storm season begins and I can start tracking the storms again.

Jane :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Posted

The new radar is likely to be out of beta very soon - we've cured all of the reported bugs and have added in some extra features as well, the latest being the option to remove the control buttons from the display so you just get the radar on the screen :(

For those not yet using the NW radar, it's a cracking time to give it a go with plenty of weather action to come over the coming days!

http://www.netweather.tv/index.cgi?action=...ype=radar;sess=

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!

Just a couple of things I have noticed tonight.

Earlier today when I was on the postcode zoom I would refresh and the view would stay the same, and all my settings. Tonight for some reason when I refresh the page it takes me back to the UK view, changes my scale to NW Original, while still showing Traditional in the box, and it changes to pixellated.

Another thing, the accumilation feature.

When I use it on postcode zoom I can use all three scales but on the whole UK view it only lets you use NW Original.

Posted

The zooms aren't saved when you manually refresh, but the page has an auto refresh feature which will check for a new image every 30 secs, updated it if there's a new one and keep your zooms etc intact.

The acculation images are currently only working with the nw original view, but the other scales will soon be added..

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Anything Extreme!
The zooms aren't saved when you manually refresh, but the page has an auto refresh feature which will check for a new image every 30 secs, updated it if there's a new one and keep your zooms etc intact.

The acculation images are currently only working with the nw original view, but the other scales will soon be added..

Thanks Paul, I guess I just need to be patient and wait rather than click every few seconds!

Posted

For those of you who use the mobiles/pda's version of the radar, we've now added in zoom options for better detail :lol:

Paul

Posted

Just a quick note to let you know that the recent radar update problems caused by a major issue with the 'Radarnet' system at the met-office have now been sorted. So all should hopefully be back to normal! (We'll obviously be monitoring it closely though, just in case..)

Posted

Paul,

Firstly, thanks for the improvements with V4. Keep 'em coming, I have another 5 1/2 years of Extra subscription to look forward to :lol: .

Secondly, it's probably me, but I can't seem to get the lightning overlay to display when zoomed in. Not much lightning today I know, but there was a strike earlier on which would not display in the zoomed view, and also the lightning overlay text does not appear in the zoomed view either when the lightning button is pressed. Hope this makes sense!

Cheers,

Simon

Edited by simon1

Posted

Hi Simon, you're right, the lightning display has stopped showing on zooms, I know it was working yesterday so I'm assuming it may be something to do with the change to BST, I'll have a look into it and hopefully get it working again shortly :lol:

Posted
Hi Simon, you're right, the lightning display has stopped showing on zooms, I know it was working yesterday so I'm assuming it may be something to do with the change to BST, I'll have a look into it and hopefully get it working again shortly :lol:

Thanks for that as it seems that there might be some lightning around now after all!

:D

• 5 months later...
Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

For as long as i can remember this line appears when a blanket of ppn cloud

covers this area, is the resolution different further up towards Edinburgh hence

this discrepency or is my area the one with lower resolution or is it something else

causing this?

Posted

Yep, it's the fact that there is limited radar coverage in the northeast of England. The metoffice are putting a new radar site up there to improve things, which I believe isn't too far off now..

They got permission for it last year and were due to start in feb, with construction lasting 5 months, so it ought to be built if everything has gone to schedule, then it's probably a short while to get it plugged into the network and running

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7047465.stm

Posted

Thanks Paul, i have always wondered why rain echoes fall so dramatically when

approaching this region. Thought it was PP,s storm shield in operation :) .

Posted

Just read the whole article and the site is just outside Sunderland. The system should be up

and running by the end of the year as its to be connected to the computer network, cant wait

to see it in operation, i wonder if its just a 'run of the mill' radar or will it doppler capabilities? well

it cost a £1million so i'm pretty sure it'll be up there with the best.

Posted

I think a lot of the radar's across the UK are being upgraded to have doppler, so I'd strongly suspect that any new sites ought to have that capability. It'll be a while before it's linked up and we have a full doppler network though!

Posted
I think a lot of the radar's across the UK are being upgraded to have doppler, so I'd strongly suspect that any new sites ought to have that capability. It'll be a while before it's linked up and we have a full doppler network though!

any ideas how long a few years or longer?