Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Weather Warnings

Cookie

Posted

The Met Office is forecasting another swathe of severe westerly gales to affect parts of the UK on Tuesday night and through the first half of Wednesday. This time the focus is further north than on Monday. The strongest winds are expected to reach Northern Ireland during Tuesday evening, and then transfer across parts of southwest Scotland, northern England, north Wales and the Midlands during Wednesday. Gusts of 60 to 70 mph are expected with the possibility of 80 mph gusts on exposed coasts and hills. Disruption to transport and power supplies is possible and there may be damage to buildings and trees. This warning will be updated around 1100 on Tuesday 11 March.

Issued at: 1454 Mon 10 Mar

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Posted

The Met Office continues to forecast a swathe of severe westerly gales to affect parts of the UK on Tuesday night and through the first half of Wednesday. The strongest winds are expected to reach Northern Ireland late on Tuesday evening, and then transfer across parts of southwest Scotland, northern England, north Wales and the Midlands during Wednesday. Gusts of 65 to 75 mph are expected with the possibility of gusts in excess of 80 mph on exposed coasts and hills, especially across N.Ireland and northwest England. The winds are expected to be accompanied by some heavy snow over the higher parts of northern England and southern Scotland, with temporary blizzard conditions during Wednesday morning. Disruption to transport and power supplies is possible and there may be damage to buildings and trees. This warning will be superseded by FLASH warnings.

Issued at: 1041 Tue 11 Mar

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/uk/uk_...t_warnings.html

Posted
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.
  • Location: South Shields Tyne & Wear half mile from the coast.

No doubt the areas effected are subject to change as the

precise track wont be pinned for several hours yet.

Posted

odd that UK Met have exluded Liverpool and the Wirral from their 80%, I would have thought they both needed inlcuding in the 80% area and also the N Wales coast; it has the Menai Straits in the 80% and not the exposed part of the N Wales coast.

odd!

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Something good in all four seasons

http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/warnings.asp

I'm surprised to see on this link that my E.Yorks and

N. Lincs are in the Low Risk areas for Storm Kirsten ?

Looking at the charts here on NW and the BBC forecasts

I thought I was in for quite an innings early tomorrow ?

(hope it's ok to post that link here guys)

BL

Posted
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
  • Weather Preferences: Any Extreme
  • Location: Sheffield South Yorkshire 160M Powering the Sheffield Shield
odd that UK Met have exluded Liverpool and the Wirral from their 80%, I would have thought they both needed inlcuding in the 80% area and also the N Wales coast; it has the Menai Straits in the 80% and not the exposed part of the N Wales coast.

odd!

Well they wouldn't do much damage in Liverpool would it. Any roofs blown off the Police would just think someone's nicked them. Probably an oversight on the Meto which isn't surprising considering they don't recognise South Yorkshire. So if I want a forecast for Sheffield I have to put the post code in.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: warm and sunny, thunderstorms, frost, fog, snow, windstorms

Delete

Edited by James M