Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

weather related movies: The day after tomorrow

Posted

http://www.play.com/DVD/DVD/4-/180018/The-...ow/Product.html

180018m.jpg

Runtime: 2 hrs 4 mins

From the Director of 'Independence Day' comes a spectacular roller-coaster ride that boasts pulse-pounding action and sensational, mindblowing special effects.

When global warming triggers the onset of a new Ice Age, tornadoes flatten Los Angeles, a tidal wave engulfs New York City and the entire Northern Hemisphere begins to freeze solid. Now, climatologist Jack Hall (Dennis Quaid), his son Sam (Jake Gyllenhaal) and a small band of survivors must ride out the growing superstorm to stay alive in the face of an enemy more powerful and relentless than any they've ever encountered... Mother Nature!

One on my favorite weather films. Ok if you ignored the plot which isn't the best in the world. you have got to admire the special effects in this film. especially the twisters in LA and the snow storm hitting the uk.

despite being very unlikely to happen in out life time, some of the weather stuff is quite interesting and fascinating. I would recommend this to anyone who enjoys the weather.

A few reviews from rotten tomato in the link below

http://uk.rottentomatoes.com/m/day_after_tomorrow/#synopsis

Posted

One of my favorite films!

Daft in places, (think they call it poetic license :) ) but amazing snow scenes and special effects.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow, Storm, anything loud and dramatic.

Not bad ;)

The part of the film that sticks in my mind is, where the man sacrifices himself for his friends by cutting his tether on the giant glass roofed railway station.

the wolves around the tanker were mean snarling monsters too.

Regards,

Russ

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Freezing fog, frost, snow, sunshine.

The Day After Tomorrow is probably one of my favourite films. Amazing special affects. It's sort of a dramatic manifestation of our greatest fears and most twisted desires.

Also, Twister sticks in my mind as a pretty decent weather film.