Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

An abundance of extra-terrestrial H20?

A.J

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!

http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0803...itan-ocean.html

Interesting article on space.com.....

It's been long suspected that a deep water ocean exists under the ice sheet on the Jovian moon Europa, scientists are now hypothesizing deep water oceans under the surface of Tethys, Enceladus, and now Titan....as well as spectroscopic analysis showing the existence of water vapour in the atmosphere of the extra-solar planet 'HD 189733b'.......Water it seems, is then a very common molecule found on other worlds.....Being a key ingredient in the existence of life, it, in my opinion, infers that life elsewhere could be far more likely to exist or has existed than we currently think

Posted
http://www.space.com/scienceastronomy/0803...itan-ocean.html

Interesting article on space.com.....

It's been long suspected that a deep water ocean exists under the ice sheet on the Jovian moon Europa, scientists are now hypothesizing deep water oceans under the surface of Tethys, Enceladus, and now Titan....as well as spectroscopic analysis showing the existence of water vapour in the atmosphere of the extra-solar planet 'HD 189733b'.......Water it seems, is then a very common molecule found on other worlds.....Being a key ingredient in the existence of life, it, in my opinion, infers that life elsewhere could be far more likely to exist or has existed than we currently think

there has to be some other form of life, the universe is just to big,it doesn't mean it is a six limbed monster or Mr Spock,it maybe 1 cell ameba's,we will probable never know in are life times but i do believe that it will happen one day

Water is no doubt plentiful in the universe but there needs to be a lot of other factors right for life to form. Considering there is no evidence of live elsewhere as of yet, and the fact we still don't know how it emerged in the first place, I think it's a bit premature to say that there could be lots of life just on the presence of water.

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot Summer, Snowy winter and thunderstorms all year round!
Water is no doubt plentiful in the universe but there needs to be a lot of other factors right for life to form. Considering there is no evidence of live elsewhere as of yet, and the fact we still don't know how it emerged in the first place, I think it's a bit premature to say that there could be lots of life just on the presence of water.

Correct...but re-read my post....I am inferring, not saying.......although I will stick my neck out and am willing to place a a £100 bet, that life, albeit maybe only single-cellular, will be discovered on Europa when NASA launch their proposed submersible probe there (sometime around 2020 I believe)....any takers?

Posted
Correct...but re-read my post....I am inferring, not saying.......although I will stick my neck out and am willing to place a a £100 bet, that life, albeit maybe only single-cellular, will be discovered on Europa when NASA launch their proposed submersible probe there (sometime around 2020 I believe)....any takers?

I certainly wouldn't bet against you Aj. Seems to me, given the way life on earth is, that life exists just about anywhere it can. It cannot be possible that given the billions upon billions of galaxies out there that we are unique. I think life of some sort may well be found on Europa & it still wouldn't surprise me that it exists on Mars, albeit in a very primitive form. Once that is confirmed, we will have to accept that the universe is indeed teeming with life & we are most definitely NOT alone.

Dave

• 1 month later...
Posted

Neither would I bet against you, and I would go further to say that if life is found on any of the moons or planets in the solar system, it will be DNA based and related genetically to bacteria found on earth (and thus related to ourselves) - that's my £100 bet.

Posted
Neither would I bet against you, and I would go further to say that if life is found on any of the moons or planets in the solar system, it will be DNA based and related genetically to bacteria found on earth (and thus related to ourselves) - that's my £100 bet.

seems like a good bet

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Hot & Sunny, Cold & Snowy

So are you implying that the basic building blocks for life are continually being seeded throughout the solar system (like so many wind blown weed seeds) and that the same processes that allowed the first, single celled, life arises wherever the conditions are 'just right' (a kind of extended Goldilocks zone)?

So we are the 'aliens' then..............