Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Advice on weather station equipment

Posted

I've been fascinated by weather for many years, and am now seriously considering buying some better equipment. I currently have a simple indoor display, fed by a sensor outside, for max/min. However I want MORE!! I want to record pressure, wind, rainfall & humidity too - maybe even sunshine. I love gadgets (sadly!) and really like the look of some of the more serious wireless home stations I've seen on the net. I could have a budget of around £300 for the right stuff, but urgently need advice / recommendations before going further... Any help will be much appreciated!

Posted

I did have a LaCrosse 2300 weather station. Good value for money setup. I now have (thanks to the builder destroying that one) an Oregon WMR928NX. that came with 3 extra sensors for £299. Haven't really had a good chance to explore it yet but for the money it seems a good station and you can add extra sensors.

Posted
I did have a LaCrosse 2300 weather station. Good value for money setup. I now have (thanks to the builder destroying that one) an Oregon WMR928NX. that came with 3 extra sensors for £299. Haven't really had a good chance to explore it yet but for the money it seems a good station and you can add extra sensors.

Great - what are your initial impressions of the oregon? It looked quite interesting to me....

Posted
Great - what are your initial impressions of the oregon? It looked quite interesting to me....

It certainly does all it says on the tin. I haven't had any problems with it so far.

I got mine from UKweather shop

http://www.ukweathershop.co.uk/acatalog/or...c_WMR928NX.html

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: January 1987 / July 2006

I have an oregon too, cost me 300 squids. It is an excellent bit of kit for the money and has lots and lots of info! Shame you can't hook it up to a PC or summat to produce graphs etc, that would be a good addition I think.

Just read that the one WMR928NX can be connected to a PC. I think I have the slightly earlier model which has all the same info and gadgets, but lacks the PC connection ability.