Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

Bio Fuels

Posted
,and the fact that none of this will have any effect whatsoever on climate so long as we can keep our cars and all the extraneous stuff we have absolutely no need for.

Speak for yourself, I find my cars rather useful & I absolutely have a need for them !!

Posted
Speak for yourself, I find my cars rather useful & I absolutely have a need for them !!

Hey me too,TONA! I'll rephrase it: "as long as we can keep our cars as well as all the extraneous stuff we've no need for"! Mind you,I'm seriously thinking of taking up cycling. Whether that's a reflection of the cost and increasing hassle of motoring or a symptom of mid-life crisis is something I haven't,and don't want to go into too deeply.

Posted
,I'm seriously thinking of taking up cycling. Whether that's a reflection of the cost and increasing hassle of motoring or a symptom of mid-life crisis is something I haven't,and don't want to go into too deeply.

Me too. Need something to keep the old "Love Handles" at bay :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Snow and lots of it or warm and sunny, no mediocre dross

Is this a step in the right direction?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2008/ma...p;feed=business

Posted

I read about that in the National Geographic last year, and I can't think of a downside to it myself. A drop in the ocean (if you pardon the pun) but harmless.

Posted

Can't think of a downside either; like you say, quantity may be an issue but every little helps and at least it's not clearing Rain Forest or compromising food supplies.

Posted

Bio-fuels are good as a POTENTIAL replacement but their energy output is much lower than that of fossil fuels.

I have a full report looking deeply into using bio-fuels as a fuel replacement to fossil fuels. It may interest some of the readers on this thread.

Here is the link to it;

http://vop-say.co.cc/?page_id=13

I would be grateful to know what you think about the report and if you know any more about this topic then please share it. =]

• 1 month later...
Posted

It appears that not only are bio fuels an environmentally daft idea, but a damned expensive experiment too according to this leaked, but unpublished report.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20080704/ts_af...ldbankusbritain

Posted

I think Terry Pratchett had the best biofuel solution:

"Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day, but set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life." :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
Posted

Bill Gates along with the Rockefeller family and the Wellcome Trust are putting their money into algae based bio fuels; that's an awful lot of financial clout!!

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?id=poweri...-with-pond-scum