Snow?
Local
Radar
Cold?
IGNORED

2 inches of snow in 2 minutes......

Posted

I suppose it could be described as a cloudburst of snow anyway here's a report from the 24th of March 1888 of a remarkable snowfall that hit Chepstow.

"Snow storm, with extraordinary flakes; some were 3 3/4 inches in diameter and yet only 1/4 inches thick falling like plates. The storm only last 2 minutes, but in this short period the ground was covered 2 inches deep."

E.J.Lowe F.R.S

The rainfall equivalent apparently was about 0.33 inches or an hourly rate of 9.90 inches. It is estimated that if it carried on like that for one hour, the snow would have been 5 feet deep.

This was one of most extraordinary recorded snowfalls/preciptation events ever to hit the UK

Posted
  • Weather Preferences: Winter: Cold & Snowy, Summer: Just not hot
:) I would give anything to experience that!...Well almost anything Edited by nick2702

Posted
:) I would give anything to experience that!...Well almost anything

Yes so would I nick....That sounds like heaven to me :)

Posted

I consider myself lucky to see 2 inches of snow in 2 years, let alone 2 minutes. :shok:

Phil.

Posted
I suppose it could be described as a cloudburst of snow anyway here's a report from the 24th of March 1888 of a remarkable snowfall that hit Chepstow.

"Snow storm, with extraordinary flakes; some were 3 3/4 inches in diameter and yet only 1/4 inches thick falling like plates. The storm only last 2 minutes, but in this short period the ground was covered 2 inches deep."

E.J.Lowe F.R.S

The rainfall equivalent apparently was about 0.33 inches or an hourly rate of 9.90 inches. It is estimated that if it carried on like that for one hour, the snow would have been 5 feet deep.

This was one of most extraordinary recorded snowfalls/preciptation events ever to hit the UK

Or he could be lying.

Posted
I had heard rumours that you'd consider yourself lucky if you ever saw two inches.

You shouldn't always believe such gossip. It would be like me saying that rumour has it that you like playing with your generator. <_<

Phil.